Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Supply the entire world with solar electiricty

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
When light is travelling through a material that does not conduct electricity, the light field can generate magnetic effects that are 100 million times stronger than previously expected. Under these circumstances, the magnetic effects develop strength equivalent to a strong electric effect. This could lead to a new kind of solar cell without semiconductors and without absorption to produce charge separation. In solar cells, the light goes into a material, gets absorbed and creates heat. Here, we expect to have a very low heat load. Instead of the light being absorbed, energy is stored in the magnetic moment. Intense magnetization can be induced by intense light and then it is ultimately capable of providing a capacitive power source.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2011-04/15/magnetic-solar-cells

Are you a second account for The Truth? Posting a links to shitty conspiracy sites then, when questioned you link to a valid scientific finding which has little or no relation to the question you've been asked... TEXTBOOK The Truth.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The problem with magnetic power is that people confuse Force and Energy.
Magnets don't have inherent energy, they have to be loaded with force and that force has to be very focused in order for it to be of any use. The energy it takes to generate the force in a magnet outweighs the usefulness of the magnetic force. Therefore it is rightly regarded as a non starter.

Wind however ultimately derives it's ENERGY from the sun, a free, inexhaustable energy source that takes relatively little cost and energy to produce compared to the energy it gives us. He'll, we've been successfully using wind power for centuries. Sail boats, windmills, etc.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You really are confused.

Yet, you still don't know the answer to a basic question about your proposition. Because you don't have a clue what you're yammering on about. I have posted a very basic reason why magnetic force is unworkable, feel free to use it on the no doubt endless other forums you post on.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Magnetic energy is a non starter.
On my cabin in Cornwall I have solar panels connected to leisure batteries, plus a refurbed water mill at the bottom of the field which is great in winter but not so much in summer when the stream falls low. Capturing and storage is not a problem but distributing it on a global scale is tough.

That said, why mankind hasn't figured out a way to do this is pretty pathetic and can only really lead one to think there is some force stopping progress. Oil industries I should imagine, who knows.

On an earlier post, I said that the two key problems were storage and distribution. My knowledge of this is limited, and I'm fully in agreement that there's something getting in the way of a solution (although I'd point that to a lack of political will, rather than purely blame big oil), but can you explain to a simpleton how effective energy storage is, and how it operates?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Yet, you still don't know the answer to a basic question about your proposition. Because you don't have a clue what you're yammering on about. I have posted a very basic reason why magnetic force is unworkable, feel free to use it on the no doubt endless other forums you post on.

Considering I know so little and you know so much. Why is magnetic energy a 'non starter'?

Pizza

Dec 27, 2014
Sheffield/London/Brighton
i don't believe its loss less but DC has orders of magnitude less. at the time of building out electrical power there wasnt the technology for DC to work as well as AC. AC has a lot of problems, increasing at distance, but they where easily solvable to AC won (transformers allowing to up down scale voltage is the main one i recall). there has been a proposal for some years for African/southern Europe solar plants, Icelandic Geothermal, Scandinavian (and UK) Hydro feeding into a massive European and African wide network, relying on DC transmissions. and political will of course.

That sounds like a far more holistic and integrated solution except the ability to transfer useful amounts of power across continents. By the time political integration has reached a point where this is feasible, the technology may have matured.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
To be slightly more specific in a simple way.

if you align two magnets N/S to N/S, the system only produces energy during the short time when the magnets spin to align themselves N/S to S/N. To get more energy, you would have to add energy to the system (using your hand), to "reset" them back to their original position.

There is no CT here, it's just impractical and not energy efficient.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Considering I know so little and you know so much. Why is magnetic energy a 'non starter'?

Please see my simple explanation above. Magnets require energy to be generated externally in order to exert their limited force . Wind and solar do not.
You need to read posts with more care as this is the third time I have explained it .

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
To be slightly more specific in a simple way.

if you align two magnets N/S to N/S, the system only produces energy during the short time when the magnets spin to align themselves N/S to S/N. To get more energy, you would have to add energy to the system (using your hand), to "reset" them back to their original position.

There is no CT here, it's just impractical and not energy efficient.

Explain Why Wind Power Works But Permanent Magnet Power Doesn't ...

www.physicsforums.com › Physics › General Physics
1 Jun 2008 - 11 posts - ‎7 authors

The Ferris Wheel would have a repelling magnet on its side springing off the .... Its been around and used for at least a hundred years if not more. ... if you align two magnets N/S to N/S, the system only produces energy during the short time when the magnets spin to align themselves N/S to S/N. To get more ...

you don't have a clue what you're yammering on about. I have posted a very basic reason why magnetic force is unworkable, feel free to use it on the no doubt endless other forums you post on.

I hope you're not copy and pasting from other forums in an attempt to look smart? You do seem to word it exactly the same as a certain user on the above forum I've linked :facepalm:

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
On an earlier post, I said that the two key problems were storage and distribution. My knowledge of this is limited, and I'm fully in agreement that there's something getting in the way of a solution (although I'd point that to a lack of political will, rather than purely blame big oil), but can you explain to a simpleton how effective energy storage is, and how it operates?

Well I'm no expert, solar panels power a leisure battery with a kit I bought! Water wheel is a bi more hands on, wheel turns the turbine and gears creating energy that is stored on the leisure battery.
Can also grind my own grain on the spare gear mechanism. I love this way of using energy.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Explain Why Wind Power Works But Permanent Magnet Power Doesn't ...

www.physicsforums.com › Physics › General Physics
1 Jun 2008 - 11 posts - ‎7 authors

The Ferris Wheel would have a repelling magnet on its side springing off the .... Its been around and used for at least a hundred years if not more. ... if you align two magnets N/S to N/S, the system only produces energy during the short time when the magnets spin to align themselves N/S to S/N. To get more ...

I hope you're not copy and pasting from other forums to pretend to look smart? You've been caught out, oops. :facepalm:

Put a link next time.

I believe I did put a link on there. It's the simplest explanation of it. And no, not to look smart (I've already explained it in my own words twice) but to make you feel less stupid.
If the three explanations on here haven't enlightened you I'm not going to waste my time repeating myself. You half understood a load of rubbish on one of your crackpot videos from the Youtubes and you got called on it on here. Again.
Yet again you have half cocked ideas, you get ridiculously offensive and creepy when you are called on it. It's the behaviour of a child mate, and it's incredibly dull.
You'll note on the forum I copied from they give the CT guy on there a warning about their forum not being a platform for conspiracy theories and crackpot idea as. I wish the mods would do likewise on here. You are an immature troll.
I am happy to discuss energy harnessing, I love it, but not with you.

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Hove Town Hall!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-32382795

_82438598_photo.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

A leisure battery will store energy in the chemical compounds that make up the anode (typically zinc), cathode (typically copper) and electrolyte (typically SO4 sulphate). These can be charged and discharged thus giving you electrical storage. It's not electricity that is stored though, just the chemical reaction and charge required to produce electricity.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I believe I did put a link on there. It's the simplest explanation of it. And no, not to look smart (I've already explained it in my own words twice) but to make you feel less stupid.
If the three explanations on here haven't enlightened you I'm not going to waste my time repeating myself. You half understood a load of rubbish on one of your crackpot videos from the Youtubes and you got called on it on here. Again.
Yet again you have half cocked ideas, you get ridiculously offensive and creepy when you are called on it. It's the behaviour of a child mate, and it's incredibly dull.
You'll note on the forum I copied from they give the CT guy on there a warning about their forum not being a platform for conspiracy theories and crackpot idea as. I wish the mods would do likewise on here. You are an immature troll.
I am happy to discuss energy harnessing, I love it, but not with you.

All you've done is copied peoples comments from this site https://www.physicsforums.com/ and simply pretended they were your comments. I thought it was weird enough that you use a forum related to the Albion, when you have absolute no intererst in football whatsoever. But this one bites the cakes.

You're now copy and pasting other users posts from different forums, all in aid of telling me how stupid I am.

What next?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All you've done is copied peoples comments from this site https://www.physicsforums.com/ and simply pretended they were your comments. I thought it was weird enough that you use a forum related to the Albion, when you have absolute no intererst in football whatsoever. But this one bites the cakes.

You're now copy and pasting other users posts from different forums, all in aid of telling me how stupid I am.

What next?

Happy to admit I copied from the forum, one paragraph that explained very well why magnetic energy doesn't work. Perfectly legit and does indeed show you to be rather stupid. I believe there is a link, certainly copied it. It's a nice destraction for you though. I bet you nearly spaffed in your panties when you thought you'd "caught me out". You'll note I explained it in my own words TWICE beforehand. It does not take away from the fact you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

However it is clear you are not here to discuss but to create a binfest and for that reason I'm out.

Edit: quite right, not a massive football can. I effing love BHA though. I find football conversation interesting for about 20 mins.

On topic though, what advantages do YOU think magnetic power has and why?

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

What next?

How about you get back on track and don't hijack the thread. You got very snitty about me suggesting that this was going to happen and here we are disappearing down the rabbit hole.

How about you give some more information about how Magnetic power is (or will be) cheaper and more ecologically friendly than solar power?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Happy to admit I copied someone elses comments from the forum and pretended it came from my own brain, I believe there is an invisible link, certainly copied it, not sure if i pasted it. It's a nice destraction for you though. I bet you nearly spaffed in your panties when you thought you'd "caught me out".

Fixed.

I just copied your comments and pasted them onto google search. It matched a post made all the way back in 2008 on that forum.

Why would I 'spaff in my panties' when you're so predictable? I caught you out with what I was expecting. No big deal. After all, it is you.

Now can we move on?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My house has solar panels on the roof. I've still got to pay for my electricity, as before.

you should have it wired into your house then, or the network so you get paid for the power generated.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Forget the magnets.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Fixed.

I just copied your comments and pasted them onto google search. It matched a post made all the way back in 2008 on that forum.

Why would I 'spaff in my panties' when you're so predictable? I caught you out with what I was expecting. No big deal. After all, it is you.

Now can we move on?
Yeah, I've already said it's from that forum. It explains it rather well yes?
I'll take that as a no, you can't explain magnetic power.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here