Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superb performance.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Its the eye for a killer pass that I mean. I know they can score occasionally, but what we need is a creator in midfield. How many decent passes through to Ulloa/Barnes have Crofts/Ince/Bridcutt played through this season? Orlandi and Kemy did more in 20 minutes creativity-wise that those three did in the rest of the match. It's not a criticism of them, but they're not the type of players to unlock defences with killer passes are they?

Totally This:thumbsup:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I thought Kaz and Ward were outstanding today and showed how a fullback and winger can create endless problems when they have a close understanding. In comparison again we looked weak down the right at home. Orlandi showed the range of passing we have been missing so much and ulloa was isolated up until him and Barnes came on.

Other issue for me is in the middle which today was like they were playing in treacle. Crofts, ince and bridcutt struggled to dominate and were slowing down the pace of the game consistently. We are crying out for a creative number 10 perhaps Orlandi can fill that void now fit.

Overall if we can get Conway back to replace David and get Orlandi in the middle I think we can easily push higher up this table.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thank christ for Barnes and Orlandi. The game changed with them both on.
Orlandi for his class, vision and forward & quick thinking (without the tedious too many touches or passing back to the defence), and
Barnes - gave fight up front and an extra body with the balls to challenge in 50:50's, meaning their defence were taken out of their comfort zone.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Orlandi for his class, vision and forward & quick thinking (without the tedious too many touches or passing back to the defence), and
Barnes - gave fight up front and an extra body with the balls to challenge in 50:50's, meaning their defence were taken out of their comfort zone.

Agreed. I hope that both of them start in out next league game. We have badly missed Orlandi's guile, skill and creativity whilst he's been injured.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Spot on.....if we let Barnes go it will be a huge mistake.....amazing what a difference he made when he came on. Great to see Orlandi back, too.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You seem to be on a positivity kick recently, mellotron. As a habitual cynic, I don't like it (and think it is often overstated), but, it does make a change from the usual moaning from others on here.

Laughable some of these comments! I thought we were good first half, looked tired start of the second until the subs. Three factors stopped us winning, an official who was inept, an opposing goalie pulling off a string of decent saves and too much paint on the woodwork! It also looked like the Christmas schedule was taking its toll on the players legs. We can moan all we want but we're still in touch, as the other teams in this league are having the same problems as us

Sums it up nicely. Thought Lua Lua did have a good game, they had three players on him at some points in the game and is was a pity that wasn't capitalised upon. Just outside the play off places on goal difference.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I think we learned today that Orlando has been seriously missed and angustien is bloody awful.

Take that side....Orlando for dave and find somewhere for Barnes and we will be fine.

All about opinions I guess but I thought Augustien was decent and made a really positive impact, as he has done the last few times he's played. He has great touch and vision. He sees and executes a pass far quicker than others and gets us attacking quicker, which is exactly what we need. His deadball deliveries weren't good yesterday but he has a wonderfull touch in open play, the cross for Barnes' great headed attempt being one such example. Wish he'd come on earlier, we would have won if the subs were made on 60

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
It was not a superb performance. We played quite well in the first half and should have been well ahead but for inept finishing from Ulloa and the awful penalty decision. But we were poor for much of the second half, far too many missed passes, our shape too narrow, our play too slow and the timings of the substitutions were odd. Why wasn't Orlandi on 20 mins earlier?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Sums it up nicely. Thought Lua Lua did have a good game, they had three players on him at some points in the game and is was a pity that wasn't capitalised upon. Just outside the play off places on goal difference.

We were watching KLL closely yesterday and I have to question his understanding of the game sometimes. He drifts in and out of the game mentally and on many occassions has his back to play. He had a couple of great shots and was unfortunate not to score, however when your full back is bringing the ball forward towards you don't stand still until he runs into you. He is as many have said on here an impact player and this may be down to his inability to concentrate for 90 minutes. He did in my opinion have a decent game but the manager was correct in substituting him when he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here