Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superb performance.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So annoying that the ref didn't even things up , normally a wrong decision is pointed out to them by the linos or the 4th assistant through their earpieces and they know they've cocked it up big time.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Exactly. Bournemouth worked hard and gave us no options.

Actually, I think Oscar got the line-up wrong today, irrespective of the penalty. Our midfield was far too defensive for a home match. Bridcutt, Ince and Crofts offer literally nothing in an attacking sense and we were infinitely better once Agustien, Orlandi and Barnes came on. I know Bournemouth were possibly tiring by that stage but, personally, I think Kemy should have started ahead of one of the midfield 3 and Barnes instead of Lopez.

That said, I don't think we played badly at all, quite the contrary, but I really think we were set up wrongly today.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I really didn't think we played well today. Yes we created a lot of chances and on another day would have won the match comfortably but I put that down to how poor Bournemouth were myself, first half was ok but then we came out in the second half and did basically **** all for the next 20 minutes, zero impetus, creativity, movement off the ball. We could have played like that match like that all day and we wouldn't have come close to scoring. It wasn't until Orlandi came on (far, far, FAR too late) that we actually started attacking them properly like we should have been all half.

Regardless of luck we would have won that match today if we hadn't been completely Spineless in the second half.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Was it bollocks 'superb'. It was a dreadfully leaden flat-footed performance. OK we hit the woodwork a couple of times, but apart from the last ten minutes it was pretty uninspired. Bournemouth cancelled out most of our threat and we looked seriously short of ideas. Still, if you can win your away games and get a point at home, who knows where it might lead...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hmm. Your saw a very different game to me.

We hit the woodwork THREE times. We were utterly all over ten. Their penalty was their only shot on target in 90 minutes.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It got a bit messy but I enjoyed it we finished strong.

The only thing I would say is that if teams come down here to park the bus, I'm not sure how effective KLL's pace is to start the game. I'm not saying Oscar had any other options but a fit Orlandi would have been best suited to this game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The only thing I would say is that if teams come down here to park the bus

Yes. Yes they do. Would be nice if those teams maintained that mentality for 90 minutes. But the Albion invariably start off so piss-poor weakly that the opposition get ideas above their station and take the lead...

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
What i wiuld say is it was not a great performance and in spells it was dire. However in other spells it was good and despite the performance not being great overall reflecting on the chances we created and should have scored a few more. Bourmouth came here to nick a goal and sit and be organised.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Laughable some of these comments! I thought we were good first half, looked tired start of the second until the subs. Three factors stopped us winning, an official who was inept, an opposing goalie pulling off a string of decent saves and too much paint on the woodwork! It also looked like the Christmas schedule was taking its toll on the players legs. We can moan all we want but we're still in touch, as the other teams in this league are having the same problems as us

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We hit the woodwork THREE times. We were utterly all over ten. Their penalty was their only shot on target in 90 minutes.

We were all over them despite playing like shit for much of the game, we werent any good.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Orlandi is so bloody good. Changed the game (Kemy didn't do too bad either) can't wait until he is fully fit and hopefully released in the No 10 role

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester
Actually, I think Oscar got the line-up wrong today, irrespective of the penalty. Our midfield was far too defensive for a home match. Bridcutt, Ince and Crofts offer literally nothing in an attacking sense and we were infinitely better once Agustien, Orlandi and Barnes came on. I know Bournemouth were possibly tiring by that stage but, personally, I think Kemy should have started ahead of one of the midfield 3 and Barnes instead of Lopez.

That said, I don't think we played badly at all, quite the contrary, but I really think we were set up wrongly today.

That's right Crofts is never going to score for us this season..... :facepalm:

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
THe schedule has hardly been fair over christmas. Two away which is fair enough but blackpool on sunday is a long way to go. Forgive me if im wrong they had two home games and a little trip along the coast.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
That's right Crofts is never going to score for us this season..... :facepalm:

Its the eye for a killer pass that I mean. I know they can score occasionally, but what we need is a creator in midfield. How many decent passes through to Ulloa/Barnes have Crofts/Ince/Bridcutt played through this season? Orlandi and Kemy did more in 20 minutes creativity-wise that those three did in the rest of the match. It's not a criticism of them, but they're not the type of players to unlock defences with killer passes are they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here