Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Super League

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great stuff, they can get the league under way now and feck off.

I foresee the clubs will play each team 3 times a year, home, away and yes you guessed a neutral venue, like say...
Saudi...

Chelsea, Manchester City & United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham can all piss off

And take Stuart Atwell, Michaël Oliver, Antony Taylor with you.
The trouble is that like it or not these clubs are an important part of what makes the game what it is. We all want to be successful like them. Think of how much fun it has been to beat them.

After a few years of competing at the top with the likes of Bournemouth, Palace, a resurgent Leeds, Wolves and the like, we would either feel a bit m'eh with the division dull and monotonous or, with the division having instead emerged as a brilliant success, we and these teams would ourselves have ascended to the super status presently enjoyed by the 'big' clubs, and the whole process would start again.

In short, I'm not keen on a flounce. These 'big' clubs are made by the league, just like consultants are made by the NHS. "Going private", after benefitting, and becoming what they are, from the system in place and being in it, is immoral and should be illegal.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know I KNOW it won't ever happen - but if Brighton ever made any noises about being open to joining the ESL, how you WOULD react? What lengths would you go to, to try and make sure it didn't happen?
I will have no part in any closed 'competition'. If Brighton joined, I'd cancel our season tickets. If Sky paid to show it, I'd cancel Sky immediately.

Anti-football Real Madrid can f*** right off.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The trouble is that like it or not these clubs are an important part of what makes the game what it is.

Really? I don't see it that way. I see nothing special about any big clubs. More the opposite to be honest, I'm no fan of money buying success.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
It has now been reported that PSV, Feyenoord, Benfica, Porto, the Italian clubs, Red Star, Anderlecht are some of the clubs who have accepted the new Super League

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin said "football is not for sale", but added: "We will not try to stop them. They can create whatever they want."

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really? I don't see it that way. I see nothing special about any big clubs. More the opposite to be honest, I'm no fan of money buying success.
Hmmm....

I don't like any of the top six or the way they are playing fast and free with dodgy foreign money. I don't like their fans, and I don't like their entitlement.

But I enjoy Brighton beating them more than I enjoy Brighton beating, say, Brentford, Swansea or Derby.

Brighton are ranked 27th in the world now. So with 64 teams potentially making up a new super league structure, would we be invited :)

Cough cough, Man Utd are 39th !!!! 🤣

Edit: Ten again according to them Northern Ireland is in the Americas and Iran is in Europe!!

Last edited:

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
371464816_340326755370584_2841753645705645684_n.jpg

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
Real Madrid/ Barcelona desperate to stay at the top table. I don't suppose they will be starting in the Blue League. Oh silly me, their rules, designed to favour them....whatever.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Hmmm....

I don't like any of the top six or the way they are playing fast and free with dodgy foreign money. I don't like their fans, and I don't like their entitlement.

But I enjoy Brighton beating them more than I enjoy Brighton beating, say, Brentford, Swansea or Derby.
Do you think we could persuade the European Super League to take Derby?

I'd be delighted if they f***ed right off.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I will have no part in any closed 'competition'. If Brighton joined, I'd cancel our season tickets. If Sky paid to show it, I'd cancel Sky immediately.

Anti-football Real Madrid can f*** right off.
Yep, after years of chasing the dream and rampant financial mismanagement, Barca and Real see the easiest way out of the debt hole they dug themselves, is to try and hijack European competition and keep the profit for themselves.

You can stick the ESL up your arse.

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
Lets face it: European club competitions have been set-up for years to make sure the BIG boys got as far as possible into the competition. Leagues, especially the big leagues have multiple entries and then instead of a straight knockout, its designed through little leagues to make sure the big boys, will, (except Man Utd) qualify at the expense of say Copenhagen, Panathinaikos etc. This Star league nonsense idea is just an extension of what the big clubs already demand. As for sporting merit: Real Madrid/Barcelona would have nowhere as much silverware in Europe if they played in a half decent league. Obviously, if they had ended up 7th 8th or 9th in their home league, the rules would be shoved around a bit to make sure this meant European Cup (Champions League) qualification.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep, after years of chasing the dream and rampant financial mismanagement, Barca and Real see the easiest way out of the debt hole they dug themselves, is to try and hijack European competition and keep the profit for themselves.

Something I found out this week - quick quiz question:

Who has been the highest paid Premier League player ever?

Highlight to reveal: Gareth Bale (on loan to Spurs), paid for by Real Madrid

Seriously, WTF? They whine about the money in the PL, but they consistently outspend spend everyone, throwing obscene amounts on galacticos

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here