Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***** Super Bowl XLVII Baltimore Ravens v San Francisco 49ers *****

D

Deleted member 18477

Calling the winner world champions is f***ing ridiculous.

They're Superbowl champions. Simple as that.

It's not as good as football but American rugby is still a top sport. Looking forward to this although I'll only watch about an hour before bed! Catch up with the rest of the game tomorrow.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I'm in the States at present so am surrounded by SuperBowl mania at every turn, in every paper and on every TV channel in some form or another.

A shame, in a sense, that I can't make head nor sodding tail of how the game works.

same here mate, i really wish i could take to it, but have never "got" it, i did for a while when the Refrigerator was playing!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nighty night night chaps.

See you in a couple of hours :wave:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Calling the winner world champions is f***ing ridiculous.

They're Superbowl champions. Simple as that.

It's not as good as football but American rugby is still a top sport. Looking forward to this although I'll only watch about an hour before bed! Catch up with the rest of the game tomorrow.

Apart from the fact they touch the ball with their hands American Football bares no resemblance to Rugby what so ever imo.

For me I love American Football as much as Football but find Rugby to one of the most dullest sports ever invented.

D

Deleted member 18477

Apart from the fact they touch the ball with their hands American Football bares no resemblance to Rugby what so ever imo.

For me I love American Football as much as Football but find Rugby to one of the most dullest sports ever invented.

It's more like rugby than football. Should be called american rugby. They drag each other to the ground, throw an egg shaped ball and only kick for KO and for conversions whatever they're called in this sport. It's nothing like football!

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Baltimore for me

Gonna be really hard for a rookie QB to win it and Joe Flacco a decent triggerman

Ray Lewis for MVP around 10/1 not a bad shout

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It's more like rugby than football. Should be called american rugby. They drag each other to the ground, throw an egg shaped ball and only kick for KO and for conversions whatever they're called in this sport. It's nothing like football!

Thats as bad as the Americans telling us to call football 'Soccer'

Who are they to tell us what to call our sport. :wink:

D

Deleted member 18477

Thats as bad as the Americans telling us to call football 'Soccer'

Who are they to tell us what to call our sport. :wink:

Only Americans and Australians call it soccer... Everyone else calls it football dont they? So it's defo football if more call it that than soccer.

Those damn Americans could have come up with a more original name instead of nicking ours and just shoving American at the start.

I've got nothing against the game btw. It's a top sport they've created. it's Americas best sport by some distance.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Also may be worth noting, the 'world series' in baseball does not mean 'champions of the world'. It is named after The World newspaper, which sponsored the competition.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Come on Niners! Although hoping if they win the stupid 'arstads here don't destroy too much in the festivities (as happened when Giants won the baseball). Good time to be an SF sports fan:thumbsup:

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
It's only my second day of a new job tomorrow, so I'm not even attempting to stay up.

I couldn't see any highlights shows advertised (tomorrow or day after) on the Beeb, does anyone know any different, or where can I see highlights otherwise?

(I don't have Sky)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's only my second day of a new job tomorrow, so I'm not even attempting to stay up.

I couldn't see any highlights shows advertised (tomorrow or day after) on the Beeb, does anyone know any different, or where can I see highlights otherwise?

(I don't have Sky)

Presumably on i player. It's on beeB two.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Baltimore are a team so steeped in history you can almost smell the Founding Fathers, The Boston Tea Party and John Hancock's flamboyant signature on their black and purple jerseys. Only the Tennessee Titans come close in matching the sense of history you get with their 17 year old franchise. Walk into the M &T Bank Stadium on Any Given Sunday and you know you're buying into a slice of Yankee Folklore on a par with mom's homemade apple pie, Skoal Bandits, Bud Lite, egg nogg and Pee Wee Herman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here