Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunny Beach, Bulgaria

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
From what I've heard, Malia has become the worst of all the similar destinations, idiots wise. I personally wouldn't want to go there, Zante, Magaluf, Kavos etc but everyone that goes to these places seem to love it, so I'm sure you will :thumbsup:

What company are you booking with? I think we're going with First Choice..

Yep, majority of my college have booked Malia, and it now seems the worst in terms of idiots.
Zante seems the best of all, but is a bit more expensive and at the end of the day, for most of us it all comes down to money. That deal we found (£320 H/B) was through either FirstChoice or Thomas Cook as they've been the cheapest throughout. Going in tomorrow to take the deal from the internet and see if they can get anywhere near it, as the last quote they gave us was £350ish self catering. Have a look in FirstChoice down by boots in town if you get the chance, they were extremely helpful, and the woman in there seemed like she actually wanted to help us chose where to go rather than just taking our money.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
mother in law has an apartment out there, we went last year during world cup, i like it but for a family its expensive to get to unless your going package obviously, DO NOT GO EASY JET TO VARNA ITS A NIGHTMARE TRAVELLING DOWN

Did not think Easy jet went to Varna thought you had to go to Sofia and then an internal or drive from Sofia.

We went in 2009 very hot very cheap, good holiday, better still because we got it for nothing as a relative couldnt go, having already booked all we had to pay was to transfer the names.

adasmki83

Jun 24, 2009
Went last year with 5 friends. Loved it, really cheap beer and the villa was peanuts. Decent beaches but rubbish food and rubbish service when you eat out. On the whole though really good holiday and great value

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Went to Sveti Vlas 2 yrs ago (next town around the coast from Sunny Beach).

If you are after a quieter hol, this is the place to go. agree with the above poster that the standard of food is mixed at best, and unless you go to a quieter - less popular restaurant, the service is rubbish.

The locals are very friendly, and a trip around the bay to Nessebar is a must.

There are also a couple of water parks in the area, worth a trip to if thats your thing. They even do a free shuttle bus from most of the area.

Thoroughly reccomend the Sunny beach area for a holiday.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Went in 2005 in March of all times!!! (for a sales conference)

Sofia to Varna plane was a disaster. Porbably built up a lot since I was there but was very good but though so-so beaches. Black Sea is quite cold compared to the Med or the Aegean.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Cheers.
Having watched bits of that "Sun, Sex and Suspicious parents" a couple were put off by Malia, but as i've said, you could make a programme with a negative outlook on pretty much any remotely lively city. The one off putting bit was seeing a bloke randomly get punched in the face and spending 2 days in hospital with a broken nose, you see that in Brighton every week almost.
We're looking at going early july, couple of weeks after our last exam.

I stayed on the beach in Malia in 1977, then it was just a one-street village, with about two hotels, and one main taverna on the west end of the village, the only one with a jukebox. They sold you a wine-bottle full of ouzo for 15 drachs. Happy days..and nights. Wouldn't want to go back and see what they've done to it now.

And "Sunny Beach" I think is Zlatni Piassatsi" in Bulgarian..not many people know that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here