Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland offer

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
But £8M is more of a realistic valuation for Bridcutt and Buckley if Sunderland are genuinely interested.
£8 Million is a vast sum of money for players without any top level experience. Also worth taking into account that neither Bridcutt or Buckley have shown any form this season, I do wonder whether amounts quoted on NSC are a tad optimistic.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't think £8M is remotely realistic. Whatever way I look at it £3.5M for Bridcutt and £1M for Buckley feels like top whack

Sunderland have already bid £1.75M for Buckley.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
£8 Million is a vast sum of money for players without any top level experience. Also worth taking into account that neither Bridcutt or Buckley have shown any form this season, I do wonder whether amounts quoted on NSC are a tad optimistic.

But it always seems that our players that we sell always perform at the top level so can see Bridcutt and Buckley being no exception either. Noone is on fire, Sidwell is holding his own, Zamora held his own, Elliot Bennett is doing fine apart from an injury at the moment to name a few.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
so basically what is being said is that
there could or maybe a straight swap Bridcutt and Buckers for Connor Wickham which seems on the face of it a pretty good deal if all parties are OK about it
Wickham 8/10 for Wednesday and I would think with the crosses we would be able to make using Conway bought with the Barnes money this would be like manner from heaven for the likes of Leo and Wickham

simples
or is it

D

Deleted member 22389

I think realistically we would get £4.5 - £5 million for Buckley and Bridcutt. I just can't see them giving us Connor Wickham in a deal either, or him even joining us.
I might be wrong.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
so basically what is being said is that
there could or maybe a straight swap Bridcutt and Buckers for Connor Wickham which seems on the face of it a pretty good deal if all parties are OK about it
Wickham 8/10 for Wednesday and I would think with the crosses we would be able to make using Conway bought with the Barnes money this would be like manner from heaven for the likes of Leo and Wickham

simples
or is it

Yes, and it would be an amazing deal if it happens.

We'd also need a half season loan midfielder to replace Crofts, and maybe a central defender as well.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Could it be that playing on better pitches every week would help? There is certainly a large difference in the quality of pitches in this division and the premier league they will be better so if there is truth in this rumour perhaps Poyet things that will help him sort the problems out

Still think he will get injured regularly. Players are quicker and sharper at that level and therefore Buckley will have to ' push off ' even more rapidly, to try and gain an advantage. He will overstride even more and bang...the hamstrings will keep going. Pitches play a part but his is a physical problem i.e his stride pattern. His body is too upright and his stride is too long to begin with.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Sunderland have already bid £1.75M for Buckley.

But didn't Gus himself state last year that Buckley was worth more than Zahaha which must mean he alone is worth £11m ish?
On that reckoning maybe he's valuing Wickham at £8m (to recoup their outlay) + an extra £3m cash making it £11m for Buckley and we'll chuck in Bridders as a BOGOF deal!!???

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
But didn't Gus himself state last year that Buckley was worth more than Zahaha which must mean he alone is worth £11m ish?
On that reckoning maybe he's valuing Wickham at £8m (to recoup their outlay) + an extra £3m cash making it £11m for Buckley and we'll chuck in Bridders as a BOGOF deal!!???

Tongue in cheek I know but its the sort of garbage I expect from Mr.Poyet.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

That was after Swansea put in a transfer deadline day £5M bid for Buckey , Gus and countless others knew Winifred's true and proper valuation to be less than that. :smile:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its not always what money you get for a player
its more what that player in worth to the buying club
Bridders might be worth 3.5m to us ..............but if he plays and plays well and Sunderland stay up he would be priceless to them
its a gamble
but then so are most things in life especially football ....we took the gamble on Bridders for nothing need I say more

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yes, and it would be an amazing deal if it happens.

We'd also need a half season loan midfielder to replace Crofts, and maybe a central defender as well.

defender could be Baird

midfield may be able to take care of itself .........................but we could have the money to buy into someone as yet unnamed

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Cattermole goes to Stoke, could happen a bit quicker.

If Cattermole goes to Stoke, you'd have to assume that some sort of agreement re Bridcutt is not far off. I doubt they'd sell Cattermole without assurances of getting a replacement in, assuming Gus doesn't have a backup in place.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
That was after Swansea put in a transfer deadline day £5M bid for Buckey , Gus and countless others knew Winifred's true and proper valuation to be less than that. :smile:

Alex Ferguson and David Moyes' daughter are the only ones who saw huge potential in Winnie.

That said. I wish united hadn't loaned him back to Palace after the deal went through. Obviously.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
But it always seems that our players that we sell always perform at the top level so can see Bridcutt and Buckley being no exception either. Noone is on fire, Sidwell is holding his own, Zamora held his own, Elliot Bennett is doing fine apart from an injury at the moment to name a few.

how much did we sell sidwell for again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here