Sunderland offer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't. I think Bloom will make them wait and pay top dollar. If they are getting upwards of £5m for the player Bridcutt is going to replace then it'd be ridiculous for us not to dig in.

Have to agree BB.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I saw an article by Orlandi where he said he understood where Bridcutt was coming from and that he was training well and not talking about his situation to the others. Tellingly he also said, if my memory is correct, that if this transfer was not resolved by the close of the transfer window he knew Liam would knuckle down and give 100% for the rest of the season. I think he may be right, there is no mileage in Liam sulking if the window passes and he is still an Albion player. He will just get on with his game and wait for the summer to see if Gus comes back for him again.

This is 100% correct. No pro wants to sulk in the reserves. You'll never get a transfer to the top leagues from there.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Nonsense. If he is downing tools he can look forward to a year and a half out the game whilst we hold onto his registration and he makes zero money. Again, if Lee Cattermole is worth £5million, Bridcutt is worth £10.

Your confidence is commendable and I would I would love it if you were right I just don't see it happening. He is untested in the prem and is no use to us sitting out contract either.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I saw an article by Orlandi where he said he understood where Bridcutt was coming from and that he was training well and not talking about his situation to the others. Tellingly he also said, if my memory is correct, that if this transfer was not resolved by the close of the transfer window he knew Liam would knuckle down and give 100% for the rest of the season. I think he may be right, there is no mileage in Liam sulking if the window passes and he is still an Albion player. He will just get on with his game and wait for the summer to see if Gus comes back for him again.

Interesting. I must admit I am disappointed in Bridcutt suggesting his head wasn't right for Derby, as I personally can't see how a possible transfer can affect your performance once you're out on the pitch and playing. Especially as we needed him because of the Crofts injury. But agree with the above, that should for whatever reason the deal not happen this month, then Liam would go back to giving his all for us until the summer and then take things from there.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Been informed Sunderland have offered us 3 mill for bridcutt & Buckley we get Conner wickham , how true don't know but this has come from someone up north in the know .:ohmy:

Isn't Connor Wickham valued at about £5M? If so, this proposed deal would indicate an £8M valuation for Liam and Will. Personally, I would say that is very unlikely given Sunderland have so far offered £3.75M for them.

Aug 23, 2011
I keep hearing the Amex pitch being used as a reason for hamstring problems but Buckley's latest in a string of hamstring injuries occurred at Blackpool. Does anyone have the stats on where these injuries, that seem to arise as soon as he is match fit and running at full speed have occurred? Is it mostly at the Amex or split between the Amex and away grounds?

Could it be that playing on better pitches every week would help? There is certainly a large difference in the quality of pitches in this division and the premier league they will be better so if there is truth in this rumour perhaps Poyet things that will help him sort the problems out

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Sunderland would be justified to offer Conner Wickham for both of them, with no fee involved and not be laughed at.

I would be ASTOUNDED if they were offering this cash+Wickham deal.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Interesting. I must admit I am disappointed in Bridcutt suggesting his head wasn't right for Derby, as I personally can't see how a possible transfer can affect your performance once you're out on the pitch and playing. Especially as we needed him because of the Crofts injury. But agree with the above, that should for whatever reason the deal not happen this month, then Liam would go back to giving his all for us until the summer and then take things from there.

It is disappointing but I can understand it. I suspect that he is fine "in the head" but it is simply a convenient way of ducking out of playing for the time being. All it takes is one rash challenge or even a pulled hamstring and he could miss out on a greatly improved contract. How many of us would take similar risks if we had the opportunity to bump up our pay cheques by ?%

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Wickham was ridiculously good for Ipswich - if we can get him in, it's an absolute steal.
Exactly. Good for Ipswich a few years ago. Done absolutely nothing since. His career has certainly hit the rocks. Still worth taking a punt on him though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
CMS & Hoskyns are both similar type players who could play off of Ulloa but there remains doubt as to whether they will come back to what they were, we must just hope and pray that Ulloa isnt sold during this window.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Sunderland would be justified to offer Conner Wickham for both of them, with no fee involved and not be laughed at.

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying in my above post.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

So would I, but did anyone ever think Adam Virgo was worth 1.5m?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exactly. Good for Ipswich a few years ago. Done absolutely nothing since. His career has certainly hit the rocks. Still worth taking a punt on him though.

8 goals in 10 games this season is nothing? Blimey you are VERY demanding :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Isn't Connor Wickham valued at about £5M? If so, this proposed deal would indicate an £8M valuation for Liam and Will. Personally, I would say that is very unlikely given Sunderland have so far offered £3.75M for them.

But £8M is more of a realistic valuation for Bridcutt and Buckley if Sunderland are genuinely interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports