Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunderland forum - All a bit familiar

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't see why you have to be derogatory towards Brighton in defending Sunderland. It's getting to the stage whereby you are becoming a troll. My dad is bigger than your dad gets very tiresome.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I don't see why you have to be derogatory towards Brighton in defending Sunderland. It's getting to the stage whereby you are becoming a troll. My dad is bigger than your dad gets very tiresome.
I am not trying to troll but I just cannot understand the hated still towards one of your best managers ever even if it did end sour! Everytime sunderland have been poor this season there is a new thread which does not even seem to happen for Palace

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am not trying to troll but I just cannot understand the hated still towards one of your best managers ever even if it did end sour! Everytime sunderland have been poor this season there is a new thread which does not even seem to happen for Palace

tbf to you I like your posts and friendly banter.

Poyet is like Marmite and it's just a bit of fun, we all need our villains in football otherwise there would be no fun.

I just can't help myself going "Yeeeessssssss," and putting my fist in the air everytime Sunderland get scored against.

I also find Bridcutt's performances hilarious.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
tbf to you I like your posts and friendly banter.

Poyet is like Marmite and it's just a bit of fun, we all need our villains in football otherwise there would be no fun.

I just can't help myself going "Yeeeessssssss," and putting my fist in the air everytime Sunderland get scored against.

I also find Bridcutt's performances hilarious.

Thank you, exactly what it is meant to be. I still try to go and watch Brighton when I can and they are my local team, which is why I am on here, but with the Gus stuff I like to banter but there is a serious point for me after what he did for the club.

Bridcutt other than the Newcastle game has not shown much yet but Catermole has been chalk and cheese over the past 7 days so he will get his chance again next week I would think now

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
This is familiar

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/sunderland-vs-hull-match-thread.889772/page-94

Palace have come from behind us to be in front, I don't know if it will work for them but this sterile sh-t posed as cultured football needs great players. the sh-t we have will never carry it off. Pass, pass, pass, reach half way and lose it. Pass, pass pass, halfway and lose it and so on. WHAT ABOUT SOME SHOTS ON TARGET?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I thought he was going to win the league cup, get to a fa cup semi and keep them up???, at least that's what some were having you believe. I predicted they would win sweet fa and go down.....But you can all rest assured of one thing,,it won't be his fault if they get relegated, however he we be a genius if he keeps them up. Anyone would think he took over a bad squad of players like Pulis did, not squad littered with international players.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Obviously you have no knowledge of last week's game where he was by far the best sunderland player against one of the best club teams in the world?

He was ok against Man City and it that was probably the best game I've ever seem him play. Most weeks he is wasteful in possession and a liability in the tackle. Today's goals weren't the first he has cost Sunderland this season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Gus championship years were littered with many batches of games where we could barely score a goal, in contrast to the free flowing attacking football of League One where we caught lesser opponents unaware. In the main it wasn't great to watch in the Championship, although the purple patch at the end of last season might make some remember it all being rosy.

All this, generously bankrolled by TB who subsidised fees and wages to the tune of £8m to £12m more than we could truly afford from our own resources.

Poyet might keep Sunderland up as there are several other poor teams at the base of the PL this season, but it will end in acrimony one day ... when his demands over "budgets" will see him finally snap the patience of the owner, as well his inflated view of himself in seeing himself managing a top London club.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Didn't take long at all I think your forgetting that sunderland got to a final under gus last week at Wembley which is more than Oscar will do for brighton this season whilst finishing outside of the play offs

Surely you should put more energy in supporting your manager to help you finish mid table with boring tactics

I am not defending anyone I am just saying you cannot take away what has already happened this year which is much more important than relegation

You sound pretty defensive to me.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Have read a fair few pages of that Sunderland forum - thought it would have taken a bit longer for them to turn on him!!! seems not

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Good job Hull couldn't field their 1st joice strikers Sunderland might have got tanked, oh sorry they only lost by what was it? At least that result has brighten up my weekend after yesterday's game.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Funny really, when I said I perceived Sunderland fans as those who generally turn on managers easily, they said I was wrong and it was the media that painted this picture. Hmmmm 1 week after a Wembley final

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Bet Gus is kicking himself now - they had a real chance of getting to another Wembley final after Hull have now drawn Sheffield United.

Equally, our players should be kicking themselves for not finishing off Hull here and then putting in a dismal performance at Hull. We had a real chance this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here