Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday Morning Dads Club

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Busy day for the Huts - 11:00 AM KO at Pagham this week in the cup for Mini and Junior arrives back at Heathrow at 11:30 for few weeks back home. Had to beg lifts to Pagham as bad family with only one car

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Just seen this thread!
7.02 for me. And that's only because we bought the eldest (who's 4 tomorrow a groclock otherwise it can be much earlier!)
One episode of how I met your mother followed by constant cbeebies. Great fun. And it's the wife's birthday so both kids will pretty much be down to me to look after. Brilliant.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Mini sock has had a bad cough for the last few nights and keeps waking up bang on calpol and inhaler o'clock. I tell you this so that the 8am this morning is not seen as a lie in!

He has gone through his breakfast and now selecting a film so I can make bacon and coffee

Laying in bed waiting for my tea to arrive.

However traumatic Saturday afternoon with a very poorly and distressed hamster and an expensive visit to the vet. Sadly the little fella didn't make it (hammie not vet) so a very traumatised youngest Potting. Private interment later today, no flowers and family only. Also need to unblock upstairs loo when I finally emerge.

Did get to see "Paddington" which is very jolly and cheered us all up.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
However traumatic Saturday afternoon with a very poorly and distressed hamster and an expensive visit to the vet. Sadly the little fella didn't make it (hammie not vet) so a very traumatised youngest Potting. Private interment later today, no flowers and family only. Also need to unblock upstairs loo when I finally emerge.

RIP Hamster :angel:

Maybe a minutes running around in circles for no purpose at the next home game as a mark of respect? (Would be 89 minutes less than usual).

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
My turn to get up (got home at half 3 on Friday drowning my Millwall sorrows). Winner. Youngest awake at 8.30. Lost teddy incident at 05 30 only issue in the night.

Paw Patrol is on. Too many comedy falling sounds for my liking on a Sunday morning.

Laying in bed waiting for my tea to arrive.

Did get to see "Paddington" which is very jolly and cheered us all up.

Thoughts with family and friends at this time.

RIP Hammie

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
My last hamster committed suicide. Escaped from its cage and jumped off a gap from 1st floor to ground. Stupid creatures.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Such a waste. Was there no one he could talk to?

Unfortunately he could only communicate by running extremely quickly on his wheel in the middle of the night. This didn't elicit the most sympathetic response from the iggle piggle branch of the hamster samaritans.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My last hamster committed suicide. Escaped from its cage and jumped off a gap from 1st floor to ground. Stupid creatures.

Unfortunately he could only communicate by running extremely quickly on his wheel in the middle of the night. This didn't elicit the most sympathetic response from the iggle piggle branch of the hamster samaritans.

Suicide? How very convenient. I think he was pushed...

Reminds me of when my Daughters Hamster died:

I was awoken at 2 in the morning to find a distressed 11 year old at the foot of our bed with cupped hands containing a Hamster having convulsions. after a few minutes I convinced her that we needed to keep "Rocky" warm and comfortable till morning when we'd go to the Vet.
2 hours later I woke up again to the sounds of running water in the bathroom. She had decided to shock the little fella into life by running the cold water over him.

We buried him at dawn.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My daughter's not very well (I think watching the Millwall game was bad for her health) so is giving rugby a skip this morning. That's meant a nice leisurely Sunday morning instead of hot-footing it to Lewes for training

I am deeply touched by all your warm messages of sympathy for our dear departed hammy, Cookie. Other Pottings have gone off to Pets at Home to purchase a replacement (names suggested already are Paddington or Kazenga) and look forward to the Club marking his passing in a suitable fashion at the next home game - Bry Nylon's suggestion is the winner for me.

Instructions have been given to them that they need to visit the adjacent M&S to buy daddy some M&S dark "extremely chocolatey" shortbread rounds to held him come to terms with the weekend's events (particularly Friday evening's) and the impending interment of Cookie.

I am deeply touched by all your warm messages of sympathy for our dear departed hammy, Cookie. Other Pottings have gone off to Pets at Home to purchase a replacement (names suggested already are Paddington or Kazenga) and look forward to the Club marking his passing in a suitable fashion at the next home game - Bry Nylon's suggestion is the winner for me.

Instructions have been given to them that they need to visit the adjacent M&S to buy daddy some M&S dark "extremely chocolatey" shortbread rounds to held him come to terms with the weekend's events (particularly Friday evening's) and the impending interment of Cookie.

Christ man, is Cookie even cold yet?

My daughter waited a whole 48 hours before replacing Rocky with giggsy (don't go there)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lost 4-1 at Pagham so out of the County Cup.

Still Junior arrived safely and is in da house

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Any Dads still needing to buy their little cherubs a Christmas present.........can be used every Sunday morning.
245mzih.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here