Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday Morning Dads Club

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Woke up fine and duties today are Steyning Town U18s v Pagham FC U18s, 11:00 AM at the Shooting Field.

Whilst Junior heads off to Columbus University, Ca for a Soccer Trial........

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
7.45am. Lie in. Amazing times! MOTD and Football League Show. Although I have been sick on.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Although I have been sick on.

Don't leave it there .... what have you been sick on ?

For me, 13 year old still tucked up in bed and the youngest two are at their Mum's this weekend so I could have stayed in bed but as usual on a Sunday I couldn't sleep. I usually get up and watch the Football League show on iPlayer but really can't be bothered to put myself through the pain today.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Im not a happy bunny, came out of hospital friday after some surgery so im laid up in bed recovering unable to do much, she went out on her works Xmas do last night with a polite and reasonable request not to get too smashed but rolls in sometime past 2am absolutely hammered, the kitchen sink is blocked up with her spew and its all over the toilet seat too. To cap it off she has failed to get up in time and take eldest column to his sunday footy game or make alternative pickup arrangements and thats left his team a player short when they were already down to the bare bones and now he and I will cop it large from his manager! Shes well and truly in the doghouse. She did make a pathetic attempt to get up but i rather harshly told her not to bother until she was able to soberly carry out her parental duties! I used rather more swear words than i should have but will play it calm from here on and bank some points for when i next do the same to her. A storm is brewing in the fifth column household but my two lads are happily making lots of noise playing Fifa on the PS3! Hehe.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
9.15 Phone call from 25 year old daughter on way home asking whether I wanted a McDonalds big breakfast brought round.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Just joined this club recently and finding the pace tricky with 3 month old twins. Grace up at 1.30am for feed followed by Charlie at 02.00. Charlie fails to settle after winding and demands further feed at 04.00. He finally goes down but not before Grace awakes at 04.30. Then its both up for around 06.30.

Zzzzzzzzzz!

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
Late night last night so had a nice lie in. Mrs T more hungover than me for a change. It certainly helps having kids at uni!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
9.15 Phone call from 25 year old daughter on way home asking whether I wanted a McDonalds big breakfast brought round.

Can you let her know she has left her library card and VHS copy of Flight of The Navigator round at mine.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Was able to lay in until just gone 8am. Not bad, my own fault for not going to bed til 3.30am <<< missed a decent sleep

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What a waste of a morning that was - lost 3-1

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
My u12 girls game got called off in Eastbourne, one of my boys teams drew 2-2 and the other won 9-0.

Can't complain about results...just sorting dinner and watching the X factor!

Sami out!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Can you let her know she has left her library card and VHS copy of Flight of The Navigator round at mine.

She was on her way back from working a night shift at the psychiatric unit. She should not of been letting the patients watch videos but I will tell her Nibble.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
07:11 today :mad:

Already they are squabbling over some rubbish toy the youngest got at a Santa's Grotto yesterday. It's gonna be a long day ....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
7:40 - which is tantamount to a massive lie in.

However, due to a very late Friday night for me, and going to bed later than I should last night, it still feels like the middle of the night to me.

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 has just commenced.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Not in the dads club anymore, they have all flown the nest.I'm up cause I still cannot sleep after seeing Sami's midfield selection and consequent performance on Black Friday. Still stunned at how on earth he came up with that line up, the first thing I said to my mate when he arrived at his seat was " does he want the sack" How, in all that is holy did he expect to win that game. The opposition had just been thrashed at home so everything pointed to them fielding a robust no nonsense hard working gritty physical team, so what does he do? He fields a side full of inexperienced players who try to play football (the right way) with not even a recognised defensive midfielder in the line up? You could not make it up. We got exactly what we deserved out of that game and it breaks my heart to say it but we are precisely where we should be in this league table. Something has got to change, I really don't care about saving face Tony just sort this mess out if for nothing else to save my sanity.Please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here