Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday: do you believe in Jesus? Do you love Jesus? Do you trust Jesus?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it seems to me that Jesus was likely a significant preacher/philosopher roaming Galilee, if his followers had stuck to just his teachings without all the earlier Hebrew teachings we'd have a much nicer religion.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Of course I don't believe in a Jesus.

It's the 21st Century and I don't need fear in a vengeful god to keep me from committing heinous crimes.

This is Britain's most godless city, which is something to be proud of. Anyone who feels the need to put their faith in a higher power is fine with me but don't expect me to sympathise because I'm educated enough to know better.

Jesus indeed. Do me a lemon

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Proofs in the pudding...you don't have that although if it makes you feel better then fair enough.
More chance of Jesus being a dinosaur to be honest :)

As I said, a Person's faith is personal to that person. I chose to believe not because of what I was taught at school or from the household in which was raised, but from the experiences I have had in life and the inner warmth I feel. I am certainly no Bible bashing believe in Jesus or you will burn in hell and I'm no goodie goodie. Believe in what you want as long as it is legal and does not harm anyone else. For hose who don't believe or are unsure, I hope you eventually come to know Jesus.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
As I said, a Person's faith is personal to that person. I chose to believe not because of what I was taught at school or from the household in which was raised, but from the experiences I have had in life and the inner warmth I feel. I am certainly no Bible bashing believe in Jesus or you will burn in hell and I'm no goodie goodie. Believe in what you want as long as it is legal and does not harm anyone else. For hose who don't believe or are unsure, I hope you eventually come to know Jesus.

Of course it is because of what you have been taught. Why do you think you believe in a Christian god and not Allah, Buddha or one of the other thousands of gods out there?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was there a guy called Jesus around that time? Yeah probably, he may have done good things for people too. Was he the son of god? Errr no.

this and it made a nice story for nearly 2000 years as an excuse to force poor people into giving educated people food and money and to join together as a nation under a king to defend themselves. Unfortunately linked to the last part and one positive was a lot of other negative warfare but

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don't believe in Jesus being capable of super powers comparable to X-men.

But I do believe he did exists and has since had more lies made up about him than the whole Albion board put together.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
All religion is just a load of mythical dark ages nonsense. There is every chance a fella called Jesus never even existed. Anyone believing he performed the miracles attributed to him is a complete fool in my opinion. Religion was invented by man and is only really about power and subjugation over the masses. Any sane intelligent person should be able to see religion for the ridiculous concept it really is.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Of course I don't believe in a Jesus.

It's the 21st Century and I don't need fear in a vengeful god to keep me from committing heinous crimes.

This is Britain's most godless city, which is something to be proud of. Anyone who feels the need to put their faith in a higher power is fine with me but don't expect me to sympathise because I'm educated enough to know better.

Jesus indeed. Do me a lemon

Pretty much all of the above

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
All religion is just a load of mythical dark ages nonsense. There is every chance a fella called Jesus never even existed. Anyone believing he performed the miracles attributed to him is a complete fool in my opinion. Religion was invented by man and is only really about power and subjugation over the masses. Any sane intelligent person should be able to see religion for the ridiculous concept it really is.

Unfortunately still being used as a tool to implement control through fear in countries like America

Last edited:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Well, no doubt,not sure about that, the gospels were brought together some 400 years after his aged death, similar to us writing about Tudor times today. Jesus is not a name its a title, meaning leader. No mention of this man is made by contemporary historians at that time in history, living resurrection was used in many religions prior to the figure of Jesus arriving in history, little mention is made of his twin brother either at his birth, life or death. As widely portrayed this figure was not a six foot tall, Caucasian with ginger hair.

In answer to your question and holding with Christian values, I find it difficult to believe that the figure portrayed and taught to us throughout our lives is a true reflection of what happened and may even have been fiction.

I haven't heard of the Jesus twin theory, but I guess someone has come up with it to explain the resurrection. I don’t believe this for a minute though because one of them would have had to agree to being crucified in a self defeating elaborate hoax. The resurrection story was added later anyway.

It is however believed that Jesus could have been the son of a Roman soldier called Tiberius Pantera https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiberius_Iulius_Abdes_Pantera so he may well have been Caucasian in appearance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
do you believe in Jesus? Do you love Jesus? Do you trust Jesus?
I believe he existed. I didn't know him, as he died a couple of thousand years ago, so obviously I don't love him. Trust him with what? He's dead.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Unfortunately still being used as a tool to implement control through fear in countries like America

America is way behind on the enlightenment curve when compared to Europe but a better example would be any Islamic country. Not only are they far more efficient at maintaining the mind control they also expect the non religious to adhere to their 'truth' or face the consequences. If this thread had been about Mo instead of Jesus I'm guessing the tone of posts may well have been different and would there have been images ridiculing Mo I wonder ..........

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I don't believe in Jesus being capable of super powers comparable to X-men.

But I do believe he did exists and has since had more lies made up about him than the whole Albion board put together.

Maybe in two thousand years the X-men will be believed to be true and be thrust down our throats by brainwashed fanatical cults for governmental purposes, much in the way Jesus seems to be nowadays.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Did you know that con men target religious people?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here