Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sun front page

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Yet, the Scottish Sun supports the SNP.

Murdoch is clearly trying to create a situation of further tension between England and Scotland.

Trying to get the Scots to vote SNP so Labour lose their seats up there and thus the election?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yet, the Scottish Sun supports the SNP.

Murdoch is clearly trying to create a situation of further tension between England and Scotland. What was that James Bond film with the mad billionaire media tycoon who tried to spark war between the UK and China?

I bet Murdoch watches that every night before bed....

If you note Nicola Sturgeon (and prior to her being leader Alex Salmond), they are very careful to not criticise the Dirty Digger. Sadly they are as hypocritical of the politicians South of the border.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I would think that any person eating a sandwich can be made to look foolish at a given point. Just like frame by frame pics of people sneezing.

At least he didnt use a knife and fork

Who would do a thing like that?
britain-election-2-752x501.jpg

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The front page of today's Daily Mail is even more astonishing.

Split half and half between, a story highlighting month long waiting lists for GP appointments, and a big leader on their cut out and keep guide on how to tactically vote to stop 'a class war zealot from destroying our economy and our nation'.

Amazing.

Public services are critically underfunded. Here's how to stop the one party getting in, who want to prevent them being cut further.

How could anyone be stupid enough to;

a. Produce this front page?
b. Read it, and want to follow their chosen path?

The problem is, voters don't vote based on cold policy calculation, not right out of the box. They vote party, region, race, religion -- or the lack of it. They vote how their neighbors vote, or how their parents voted. They vote based on general impressions of the recent state of economy. They vote narrative, and candidate biography.

Then they vote policy. Not one Daily Mail reader in a hundred even noticed what you did.
I'm guessing less than ten in a hundred are even persuadable to begin with. It's a paper for people who already have made up their minds.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Has Rupert blown it for the Tories with that pic ? #JeSuisEd

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Your chilli-taco things look a hell of a lot like hotdogs!

Beware clever image cropping! The stuff at the front of this pic...

attachment.php

actually looking again, it might be that roasted root crisp pot pourri sort of stuff!!! but it is definitely a Greek Salad!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That looks like Greek Salad and some sort of chilli-taco thing... I would usually eat that with a knife and fork, wouldn't you?

Blimey, I've seen some desperate stuff on this thread but to deny that's a hot dog when the whole world can see it is ... that's truly blind obedience to the Tories

CMD is even proud of the fact that he eats hot dogs with a knife and fork. Personally, I'm a bit baffled as to why how people eat bacon sandwiches/hot dogs is such a big thing at elections

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
To be entirely fair to the ham-faced Etonian soon to be former PM, I'd probably also use a fork to eat that bit of salad on his plate. In fact I think you'd have to be a right chav to shovel chunks of feta cheese into your gob with your hands, in public anyway.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Blimey, I've seen some desperate stuff on this thread but to deny that's a hot dog when the whole world can see it is ... that's truly blind obedience to the Tories

CMD is even proud of the fact that he eats hot dogs with a knife and fork. Personally, I'm a bit baffled as to why how people eat bacon sandwiches/hot dogs is such a big thing at elections

Is it a Greek salad? and would you eat that with your fingers??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here