Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Sun £9.50 holidays

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Presumably the E111 Health Card as well, must admit I hadn't considered that as the licence etc was valid before we joined the EU. I thought that I read that the licences etc wouldn't change immediately.

It's expected there'll be a transition period for social security, health, etc. until at least 31 December 2020, but as with everything about Stupid Brexit, it's all up in the air and mainly conjecture.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Presumably the E111 Health Card as well, must admit I hadn't considered that as the licence etc was valid before we joined the EU. I thought that I read that the licences etc wouldn't change immediately.

I think the transition period between 31st January to December 2020 may cover it but check with your insurances to be sure.

We were automatically sent a green card from our car insurance last March when it was thought we were leaving then.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I just googled it and the answer given was that it is unlikely that we will have left Europe until at least October so this summer will not be affected

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I just googled it and the answer given was that it is unlikely that we will have left Europe until at least October so this summer will not be affected

Brexit is 31st January. You need to Google what is valid in the transition period which is why I advised contacting your car insurers and travel insurance. They might have different rules for different companies.

Jan 30, 2008
I think the transition period between 31st January to December 2020 may cover it but check with your insurances to be sure.

We were automatically sent a green card from our car insurance last March when it was thought we were leaving then.

Can't say you weren't warned then :wink:
regards
DF

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You hadn't considered this stuff, when you planned your holiday? Or when you voted to Leave?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I personally can't wait for the "Help - 6 hour queue in St Malo and don't know the alcohol limits" thread. It'll be a joy.
I didn't vote for this.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have never said I wouldnt go to Europe as I love it as a place but I dont want to be governed by them and their petty rules an regulations. I want to be free to make my choice and if there is something I like go for it if not leave it.

Go on then name 20 petty rules and regulations that you don't like without using Google, or did The Sun tell you how to vote (or Mail)
Or are you like all the others who voted out of blind ignorance.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Incidentally I remember having to get a green card to drive in France in 1987 as British licences weren’t accepted as part of the EU then. I’m not sure when it was all integrated, poss 1992.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Brexit is 31st January. You need to Google what is valid in the transition period which is why I advised contacting your car insurers and travel insurance. They might have different rules for different companies.

I think that after 31t January and the leave agreement is triggered there will be a number of sites etc advising people what to do. To be certain I will contact the DVLA and Insurance company around that time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Incidentally I remember having to get a green card to drive in France in 1987 as British licences weren’t accepted as part of the EU then. I’m not sure when it was all integrated, poss 1992.

I cannot remember but I do know that in the 70s I bought an International Licence about £2 then as the company I worked for all used to Drink and Drive, as many did pre breatherlyser, and the boss told us that it was a loophole that if you got done you could still drive on the international one as you were only banned from holding a UK Licence. I dont know if that was true or just barrack room lawyer stuff but we all bought them. It was never put to the test.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We did two Haven holidays when the kids were young. To be fair the first one was pretty good at Church Farm over near Chi. OK pool, good activities for the kids and a wildlife pond. Caravans were ok and the food wasn't terrible. All in all good value. So we had a good impression of them and booked the one in Hastings for the following year.

**** me.

Built on a rubbish dump that smelled and attracted every seagull east of Eastbourne it was also ridiculously hilly which ruled out any form of using the pedal cars or doing any exercise at all that wasn't walking up them. Filthy caravan, a family of travellers next door and a mob in the bar that old school Leeds fans would have run from.

Never, ever, ever again.

We went to Hastings first, barely got out of the car and went straight home. I've never understood the point of going on holiday if it's going to be worse than staying at home. Granted we are very lucky to live where we do.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I feel sorry for places that get invaded by folk on a £9.50 holiday from Sun vouchers. Christ

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Title 2019[9]
Metro 1,426,050
The Sun 1,410,896
Daily Mail 1,246,568

Evening Standard 864,620
Daily Mirror 508,705
The Times 417,298
The Daily Telegraph 360,345
Daily Star 329,971
Daily Express 321,146
i 233,868
Financial Times 180,053
The Guardian 141,160
Daily Record 119,328
City A.M. 85,982
The Independent N/A
Guardian readers even rarer than Financial Times readers? I never realised they were such a tiny minority! You wouldn't think that from reading NSC.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
you do know the mobile data from your phone package is inclusive in Europe now?

I do not have internet on my phone I use it to make and receive calls and send or receive texts nothing else. It is one for the hard of hearing a Doro very efficient but very basic certainly not an I phone. £!0 credit on a dongle will be more than enough and usually cheaper than the site or hotel wifi when on holiday. It serves my needs

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here