Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Sun £9.50 holidays

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Depends what you're after but Renne is a great city to visit. Just back from there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Holiday with a load of Sun readers. Terrifying.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I know quite a few people in Brittany, English and French . . .turn up reading the Sun and they'll kick the shit out of you and throw you back in the channel.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know quite a few people in Brittany, English and French . . .turn up reading the Sun and they'll kick the shit out of you and throw you back in the channel.

I do not need to buy or read The Sun as we had a voucher code sent by e mail to book as we had booked last year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because it is the largest selling newspaper that will always be the case wherever you go and there are brits there.

Nonsense. There’s Brits in Tuscany and I didn’t see any copies of The Sun for sale. The Guardian, Homes and Gardens (Tuscan edition) and the Morning Star (International edition) but no Sun.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The vouchers started in the paper yesterday so am looking at a 4 day break in Brittany. Has anybody any been there and have knowledge of what it is like. We need a quiet place with shops, restaurants and bars not disco type bars.

That's probably the last thing you need to worry about. It's hardly Benidorm in Brittany.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
so who's picking up the tab then ? serious question!

Presumably it is a deal where the site owners cover the cost generally to get the business and the £9.50 paid by readers cover The Suns costs, so the deal costs The Sun nothing. I suppose similar to us allowing children in free and relying on what dad spends in the bar.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Presumably it is a deal where the site owners cover the cost generally to get the business and the £9.50 paid by readers cover The Suns costs

Which asks the question why The Sun? Surely the site owners would prefer nice, friendly, educated outwardly looking Guardian and Observer readers as opposed to types who complain that everyone is speaking foreign and that they won’t serve chips with your Galettes?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Which asks the question why The Sun? Surely the site owners would prefer nice, friendly, educated outwardly looking Guardian and Observer readers as opposed to types who complain that everyone is speaking foreign and that they won’t serve chips with your Galettes?

Could this be two fold (a) doing it in The Sun reaches the maximum numbers (b) Snobs who think The Sun is below them wouldn't go for a cheapy holiday anyway as it wouldn't be good enough or have the snob value to tell there mates.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Could this be two fold (a) doing it in The Sun reaches the maximum numbers (b) Snobs who think The Sun is below them wouldn't go for a cheapy holiday anyway as it wouldn't be good enough or have the snob value to tell there mates.

The Sun is fifth in popularity and it’s nothing to do with snobbery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here