Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sully not well - send a card/offer practical help/donate via GoFundMe page please

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
osullivan1973.jpg

Very unusual for the day no mention of beer and a nice bit of healthy eating from Sully

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Great piece on South Today, good to see Sully and hear him talk, Kim spoke very well, Peter is in safe hands with her looking after him.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Great piece on South Today, good to see Sully and hear him talk, Kim spoke very well, Peter is in safe hands with her looking after him.

I have taken a screenshot and sent your post to Kim. She was very emotional and said it’s so nice people she has never met are being so kind.

I hasten to add I haven’t met her face to face yet, that will be Saturday.

She said she’ll sell the house and move in rented if it means she can keep Sully at home.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just bouncing for the night owls.

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
Kim did incredibly well on SE Today, I thought it was a good piece and definitely drove the message home about 'Sullys Way Or No Way'.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I just watched the clip and agree that Kim was excellent and she is spot on.

I've mentioned on here that my son is currently back in hospital up in Cambridge - into his 9th week now. This is due to a transplanted organ that he had last November being rejected. Whilst things are generally better there have been numerous complications - including the fact he has now caught Covid in hospital (not great with little to no immune system) and is now in isolation and we are unable to visit for a period of time.

When my son was originally in hospital for the best part of 6 months 14 1/2 years ago (when he was 16/17) we were able to be at his bedside almost non stop. This was critical in ensuring exactly the continuity of care at shift changeover that Kim mentioned. We also got to understand (at the annoyance of some nurses and ward sister) exactly what was going on with his body. We weren't interfering but we did have to intervene sometimes as we could see nurses not carrying out certain things that had been prescribed by doctors correctly. We had one brilliant doctor who would actually ask our opinion on treatment options etc.

This time with our son in hospital we can't be with him all the time. In fact we can't be at his bedside at all due to him being on a transplant ward with all patients being immunosuppressed. Overall the medical care has been very good ... but there have been times when my son has had to stop a nurse from administering a drug in a certain way because he knew that the doctors had said something different. My son shouldn't have to be keeping such a close eye on what the nurses are doing when he is so unwell.

If we could be there then we could look out for him. So I wish Kim all the luck in the world with what she is trying to so ... and also wish Sully all the very best.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Kim did incredibly well on SE Today, I thought it was a good piece and definitely drove the message home about 'Sullys Way Or No Way'.

Yes she was great

Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone know if BBC Sussex have picked this up from South East Today? If not, maybe worth dropping a line to Tim Durrans and Andrew Hawes to see if they can get it put on either Breakfast or Drivetime. Breakfast producer is Will Flockton - he is easy to find on twitter if needed.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I just watched the clip and agree that Kim was excellent and she is spot on.

I've mentioned on here that my son is currently back in hospital up in Cambridge - into his 9th week now. This is due to a transplanted organ that he had last November being rejected. Whilst things are generally better there have been numerous complications - including the fact he has now caught Covid in hospital (not great with little to no immune system) and is now in isolation and we are unable to visit for a period of time.

When my son was originally in hospital for the best part of 6 months 14 1/2 years ago (when he was 16/17) we were able to be at his bedside almost non stop. This was critical in ensuring exactly the continuity of care at shift changeover that Kim mentioned. We also got to understand (at the annoyance of some nurses and ward sister) exactly what was going on with his body. We weren't interfering but we did have to intervene sometimes as we could see nurses not carrying out certain things that had been prescribed by doctors correctly. We had one brilliant doctor who would actually ask our opinion on treatment options etc.

This time with our son in hospital we can't be with him all the time. In fact we can't be at his bedside at all due to him being on a transplant ward with all patients being immunosuppressed. Overall the medical care has been very good ... but there have been times when my son has had to stop a nurse from administering a drug in a certain way because he knew that the doctors had said something different. My son shouldn't have to be keeping such a close eye on what the nurses are doing when he is so unwell.

If we could be there then we could look out for him. So I wish Kim all the luck in the world with what she is trying to so ... and also wish Sully all the very best.

Thanks for post and how terrible for your son and his loved ones, here’s hoping he’s soon on the road to recovery.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Does anyone know if BBC Sussex have picked this up from South East Today? If not, maybe worth dropping a line to Tim Durrans and Andrew Hawes to see if they can get it put on either Breakfast or Drivetime. Breakfast producer is Will Flockton - he is easy to find on twitter if needed.

Yes they do, Johnny Cantor gave us the tip off yesterday that there was going to be a piece on TV. He didn't realise we had known for days :dunky::lolol:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
sullytoday.jpg

Sully enjoying his blackcurrant this morning. Had a nice chat with him, as with many who suffer dementia he gets sundown issues where his confusion and mood changes as the evening draws in.

Blimey the picture is huge :lolol::lolol:

Jul 7, 2003
Good to hear - I meant Johnny Cantor - not sure why I said Hawes as he has been gone for years.:facepalm:

As a kid I would sneak a radio under my pillow to listen to Neil Coppendale's commentaries on midweek away games when I should have been asleep.

Not sure if it will help his recall, but maybe in the BBC archives they have recordings of those old Radio Brighton commentaries Sully could listen to.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here