Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sully not well - send a card/offer practical help/donate via GoFundMe page please

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Can someone confirm the YouTube links work please and not just for me :thumbsup:

Last few days has been somewhat a learning curve, BG would be proud of me

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Can someone confirm the YouTube links work please and not just for me :thumbsup:

Last few days has been somewhat a learning curve, BG would be proud of me

Yes all 3 links work, good to see Peter back home and communicating so well, they are a hard watch, but important so all Sully's fans can see how he is coping.

:thumbsup:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Bounce

Loyalty Barber loyalty. A Box of chocolates and some flowers.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. They say he's 'just one player' with the inference being that they're not a charity and if they helped him then they'd have to help any Tom Dick or Harry who once played for us for five minutes back in the 70s. But he was with us for eleven years, made over 400 appearances, took part in three promotions in what was, before the Amex era, the greatest period in our history, and was one of the very few players (again before the Amex era) who won full international caps whilst playing for the Albion. He is definitely not 'just one player'.

And if they want to know where to draw the line about who to help - just use the above as a guide.

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
Yeah, I was thinking about that. They say he's 'just one player' with the inference being that they're not a charity and if they helped him then they'd have to help any Tom Dick or Harry who once played for us for five minutes back in the 70s. But he was with us for eleven years, made over 400 appearances, took part in three promotions in what was, before the Amex era, the greatest period in our history, and was one of the very few players (again before the Amex era) who won full international caps whilst playing for the Albion. He is definitely not 'just one player'.

And if they want to know where to draw the line about who to help - just use the above as a guide.

Very, very well said Sir. These words from his email to me last week seem extremely hollow right now - 'We will however continue to do all we can to ensure Sully’s plight is kept top of mind through the club’s communication channels, and where there are opportunities to provide more support, we will of course look to do so.' Right, so for a start Paul get the clubs communication team to get the Gofundme page on the club website and engage with the PFA to add weight to the case already put forward to them by Piltdown Man (who has been simply incredible). If he can get the PFA/Jeff Astle Foundation actively involved to help, I'm damn sure Brighton & Hove Albion could have done. Whilst others are giving up hours/days of their time to try and help, the clubs silence leaves an increasingly bad taste in the mouth.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Very, very well said Sir. These words from his email to me last week seem extremely hollow right now - 'We will however continue to do all we can to ensure Sully’s plight is kept top of mind through the club’s communication channels, and where there are opportunities to provide more support, we will of course look to do so.' Right, so for a start Paul get the clubs communication team to get the Gofundme page on the club website and engage with the PFA to add weight to the case already put forward to them by Piltdown Man (who has been simply incredible). If he can get the PFA/Jeff Astle Foundation actively involved to help, I'm damn sure Brighton & Hove Albion could have done. Whilst others are giving up hours/days of their time to try and help, the clubs silence leaves an increasingly bad taste in the mouth.

We need more supporters to raise this with the club. The Argus have mentioned the fund todayhttps://www.theargus.co.uk/news/20276944.fears-brighton-legend-peter-osullivans-health/

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You did remarkably well Sir, especially considering my less than expert input....

Haha, I even struggled to add you as a friend on Facebook. I ended up filming the clips on my phone off the computer, even then didn't know how to add them here.

Upload loaded them to Youtube, I now got my own channel, look at me.

If someone can simply explain how to embed the videos on here please help me. I'm talking BG style help here.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Have you contacted Dawn Astle directly on Twitter ?

@dawnastle9

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Have you contacted Dawn Astle directly on Twitter ?

@dawnastle9

Yes I have we have been in touch, she is phoning me later today.

I have received more help today from David Ryan of the PFA, I'm spending the morning Saturday with Kim (and Sully) to go through the form filling etc.

A friend, posts on here, delivered an overbed table and toilet frame this morning. We picked them up off Facebook marketplace for peanuts.

We need to get new carpet fitted in Sully's room after he managed to cover the existing one in blood, bless him.

Finally didn't realise the delay in getting money from the fund, not going to be released until next week, never mind.

Gone a little quiet on the gofund page so

https://gofund.me/1168ec3b

Jack Hackett

Jul 3, 2007
Yes I have we have been in touch, she is phoning me later today.

I have received more help today from David Ryan of the PFA, I'm spending the morning Saturday with Kim (and Sully) to go through the form filling etc.

A friend, posts on here, delivered an overbed table and toilet frame this morning. We picked them up off Facebook marketplace for peanuts.

We need to get new carpet fitted in Sully's room after he managed to cover the existing one in blood, bless him.

Finally didn't realise the delay in getting money from the fund, not going to be released until next week, never mind.

Gone a little quiet on the gofund page so

https://gofund.me/1168ec3b

And we have finally got the green light from Paul Camillin, he's going to put the GoFundMe page up on the club website once Kim has given her blessing, so another step forward. Fantastic what you've achieved thus far with the PFA and Jeff Astle Foundation amongst others my man, really huge well done and thanks.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Heads up- Kim will be on South East Today this evening 6:30 - 7.00

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
£2000 WOW

Might have to increase the target :dunky:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As a matter of interest when did Albion present the award for 400 games he is holding on just giving page

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As a matter of interest when did Albion present the award for 400 games he is holding on just giving page

I assume 1980

Love the advertising

sullydinner.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here