Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suggestion to bring new fans to the club / fill seats

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Go on then.
I have always been of the understanding that if you are not selling then knock down the price to at least make something, not lose money of course but something is better than nothing.
Many businesses totally disagree with this and do not budge on prices unless its a specific reason for a sale (except DFS)

I'm sure that there are real benefits, with food and drink expenditure added on as further revenue.

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Against the idea of student tickets, a fairer system would be a reduced tier of pricing for say U21 or low income reductions. I know abroad that some clubs offer discounts to home fans travelling from far way (50miles plus) & to those on the dole.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'm sure that there are real benefits, with food and drink expenditure added on as further revenue.

Thinking about it maybe that is what category games is all about and very cheap tickets for league cup games.
They must still make some money but they just want more through the turnstiles, so why not do it to fill the empty seats for every game.
If it was feasible then you would not see so many empty seats on the TV at places like Middlesbrough so I must be wrong.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thinking about it maybe that is what category games is all about and very cheap tickets for league cup games.
They must still make some money but they just want more through the turnstiles, so why not do it to fill the empty seats for every game.
If it was feasible then you would not see so many empty seats on the TV at places like Middlesbrough so I must be wrong.

But if you refine the discussion to away fans, what are your thoughts then ?

French Seagull

Jul 30, 2014
France
It might be worth looking at lowering the price for away fans, let's say as an example 10 to 15 quid, this may encourage bigger away support leading to more money through the Amex tills and noisier afternoons.

Noisier encouragement for the opposition, to go on and win - how's that a good idea?

Keep doing well, people will come.

Long term look at pricing of season/match day tickets for all U21's (to get them hooked & help when they perhaps can least afford it)

Perhaps odd promotions for youngsters, BUT we must not upset the season ticket holders that pay the bills every month!

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Noisier encouragement for the opposition, to go on and win - how's that a good idea?

Long term look at pricing of season/match day tickets for all U21's (to get them hooked & help when they perhaps can least afford it)

Perhaps odd promotions for youngsters, BUT we must not upset the season ticket holders that pay the bills every month!

They do kids for a quid occasionally don't they, now...and upset the parents who have brought ST's.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Could work - as long as they were segregated from all the normal fans.

The comment was intended to be a very light hearted take on social categorising. I'll assume your comment is a sarcastic addendum. That's the problem with a reliance on subjective interpretations. Anyway, what are your thoughts on the idea of cheaper tickets for away fans ? Would it bring in more revenue ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For cup games, and if there's a Saturday league game where the away section is small, then cheap packages for the single game for schools, say £5 a ticket including for teachers .... offered to schools throughout Sussex with minibus/coach parking spaces included. This would hopefully increase the catchment area, and get more young fans hooked on the Albion rather than choosing the readymade success of PL giants.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I did think that, but....

It would mean that all clubs took more away fans, perhaps that would even things up. Also, it may encourage the less animated home fans to get involved.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Threads like this do make me a smile. We've had two league matches at home, one at just shy of 27k and one 25k, unthinkable a few years back.
I'm not sure we need to dream up iniatives tbh the fans will come back as the team continues to improve. Personally I think a Sami team will lose a few more games than in the Poyet era but 26 shots, 11 on target and purposeful possession football will draw the crowds in for sure.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Threads like this do make me a smile. We've had two league matches at home, one at just shy of 27k and one 25k, unthinkable a few years back.
I'm not sure we need to dream up iniatives tbh the fans will come back as the team continues to improve. Personally I think a Sami team will lose a few more games than in the Poyet era but 26 shots, 11 on target and purposeful possession football will draw the crowds in for sure.

Those figures are seats sold though. Yesterday was much emptier than that.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Could buy some inflatable Kenny's.

acarpool-kenny3_large.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here