Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sugababes

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
That push the button song is just a complete rip off from a Christmas song that I can't remember the title of.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Albion Dan said:
Im probably the most anti pop music person I know but they knock out decent stuff. A good tune is a good tune imo.

They're just another derivative girl band knocking out songs that aren't bad per se, just not very good. It's instantly forgettable ear candy. Bananarama, on the other hand...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well I'm at an age where musical snobbery is pointless. Whilst I wouldn't say I'm an avid fan of pop, rap or any particular genre I have to agree that The Sugarbabes are a cut above and they do produce good stuff. If I like a tune I couldn't care less who it's by or what their musical agenda is.

The video is not bad either.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i dream every nite about the dark tanned lady,shes hot

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Grendel said:
They're just another derivative girl band knocking out songs that aren't bad per se, just not very good. It's instantly forgettable ear candy. Bananarama, on the other hand...

Nonsence. Round was also a quality track as was the one with the Gary Numan sample.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Grendel said:
They're just another derivative girl band knocking out songs that aren't bad per se, just not very good. It's instantly forgettable ear candy.

Whereas Marillion were just a derivative prog group knocking out songs that aren't bad per se, just Genesis ripoffs.

Oh and Sugababes lyrics are better too.

"the mist crawls form the canals like some primordial phantom of romance, to sit under a cascade of neon columns" - what's that all about eh?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Albion Dan said:
Nonsence. Round was also a quality track as was the one with the Gary Numan sample.

They didn't even have the decency to cover Are Friends Electric though. It was only good because it was exactly the same song, with different lyrics. You can't seriously give them any credit for that?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Voroshilov said:
Whereas Marillion were just a derivative prog group knocking out songs that aren't bad per se, just Genesis ripoffs.

Oh and Sugababes lyrics are better too.

"the mist crawls form the canals like some primordial phantom of romance, to sit under a cascade of neon columns" - what's that all about eh?

Fair point, though debatable regarding anything post-Fugazi.

As for the lyrics, I have no idea. It all seems to come together if you're off your face though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That one with all the facial piercings is an absolute MOOSE and badly lets the side down, but the other two are very porkable.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I agree, they are a cut above a lot of the shite out there.

Not really my bag but their songs have that little bit more to them than the average chart drivel and it's obvious they actually think about what they're singing rather than just miming to whatever Pete Waterman has choreographed

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
You're having a bubble right Easy?

That Mutya is a proper sawt. I bet she'd take it every which way and still be gagging for more when you were exhausted.

Not one to take home to the parents, but a blinding f*** I should imagine

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bluejuice said:
You're having a bubble right Easy?

That Mutya is a proper sawt. I bet she'd take it every which way and still be gagging for more when you were exhausted.

Not one to take home to the parents, but a blinding f*** I should imagine
She's still ugly as. You sure its not MUTTya ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here