Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sue Gray

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What do you get out of such an obnoxious post?

To avoid any doubt, this isn't what I said and it isn't what I implied.

?? It wasn’t obnoxious at all. I’m trying to understand why grass roots Tory’s might not want him running the show and IMHO sadly his skin colour will be too much for some.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My point is that it should be being investigated by the police. Who can subpoena for phone records, email access, cctv footage. Sue can do none of these things. She has to rely on people at the parties telling her the truth. Not a great method of investigation.

Don't you think they have better things to do though? Like catch violent criminals, reduce the dreadful knife crime in London etc...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Blimey, never thought I would read a post like that in 2022. You need to take a long look at yourself in the mirror.

The word you’re probably getting upset about is in quotes…it’s not my language; I’m using it to make a point in the context of my reply. Context, and grammar, is everything.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Don't you think they have better things to do though? Like catch violent criminals, reduce the dreadful knife crime in London etc...

I think I they have many things to do. Investigating whether members of our government broke the law or not should be one of them.

Knife crime. Ah! you mean black criminals. We’ve been down this road before, haven’t we. Disappointing but not surprising.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
?? It wasn’t obnoxious at all. I’m trying to understand why grass roots Tory’s might not want him running the show and sadly his skin colour will be too much for some.

It may be too much for the 'Sir Bufton Tufton' types chuntering into their G&T's at the golf club, bemoaning the loss of the Empire and proclaiming loudly about how "W*gs start at Calais" - but that's not the whole Tory party; the capitalist class Tories don't give a toss. The same way they don't give a toss about how many statues get pulled down ('History is bunk' as a leading capitalist once said), or give a toss about supporting Britain - they'll base themselves and their businesses wherever taxes and labour costs are lowest.

We will have a PM of Asian heritage one day - and it will be a Tory. Labour haven't even had a woman in charge.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The word you’re probably getting upset about is in quotes…it’s not my language; I’m using it to make a point in the context of my reply.

I really wouldn’t expect them to even try to understand what you meant. It’s beyond them.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
?? It wasn’t obnoxious at all. I’m trying to understand why grass roots Tory’s might not want him running the show and IMHO sadly his skin colour will be too much for some.

Far, far better ways for you to present that though. I'm sure you'll agree on reflection. Absolutely no need for you to bring that word into the discussion, no matter what the motivation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We will have a PM of Asian heritage one day - and it will be a Tory. Labour haven't even had a woman in charge.

Labour have a Muslim running London though; I wouldn’t write them off just yet.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The word you’re probably getting upset about is in quotes…it’s not my language; I’m using it to make a point in the context of my reply. Context, and grammar, is everything.

Use of language also matters and it’s bettter not to normalize such things. In my opinion anyway. This ‘us and them’ approach to many of the posts made by you and the likes of the Clamp and ppf is just playing games rather than political debate. Anyway, back to the point you were trying to make; I think you are condemning people for something they haven’t done, in a leadership race that hasn’t even started yet.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Use of language also matters and it’s bettter not to normalize such things. In my opinion anyway. This ‘us and them’ approach to many of the posts made by you and the likes of the Clamp and ppf is just playing games rather than political debate. Anyway, back to the point you were trying to make; I think you are condemning people for something they haven’t done, in a leadership race that hasn’t even started yet.

If I have come across like that, I genuinely apologise. I didn’t mean to and I’m sorry.

Having said that please don’t attempt to discredit me by lumping me in with Ppf. While I don’t agree with many of your opinions I know you are above such lazy tactics.

But as you quite rightly say, that’s by the by. Back on topic.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Looks as if Sue Gray has in her possession the email warning Johnson he was about to break the law.

I’m guessing someone has given it to her.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks as if Sue Gray has in her possession the email warning Johnson he was about to break the law.

I’m guessing someone has given it to her.

True, but surely Johnson can say he never saw / read it?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
https://news.sky.com/story/boris-jo...artygate-downing-street-keir-starmer-12514080

Number 10 'worried' Sue Gray has found damning evidence and PM won't be cleared

That is an interesting article as further down you have Fabricant calling out as nonsense, fellow Tory MP William Wragg's allegations of threats and bullying by Tory whips.

Fabricant states "If I reported every time I had been threatened by a Whip ....". So he admits to having been threatened by the whips. So it does happen and William Wragg's accusations would therefore appear to be perfectly valid.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If I have come across like that, I genuinely apologise. I didn’t mean to and I’m sorry.

Having said that please don’t attempt to discredit me by lumping me in with Ppf. While I don’t agree with many of your opinions I know you are above such lazy tactics.

But as you quite rightly say, that’s by the by. Back on topic.

Fair enough. I only meant the comparison in the one context of use of language/over generalization. I have never read any views of yours that I have found offensive. I cannot say the same for ppf.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
True, but surely Johnson can say he never saw / read it?

True. Maybe he replied? Who knows what pathetic excuse he’ll come up with?

Edit; he won’t bother with an excuse will he. He’ll just deny everything before running away and hiding.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Labour have a Muslim running London though; I wouldn’t write them off just yet.

True, true. I do despair though that the Tories always seem to be one step ahead of us when it comes to inclusiveness. They even had a lesbian in charge in Scotland (Ruth Davidson) whose retirement was mourned as some reckon she could have made a good PM.

(BTW, as you seem to be getting a bit of stick over it I personally accept the context in which you used the 'P' word. I think it was legitimate.)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
True, true. I do despair though that the Tories always seem to be one step ahead of us when it comes to inclusiveness. They even had a lesbian in charge in Scotland (Ruth Davidson) whose retirement was mourned as some reckon she could have made a good PM.

(BTW, as you seem to be getting a bit of stick over it I personally accept the context in which you used the 'P' word. I think it was legitimate.)

I get your points about the Tory party. I have a few thoughts on this but I’ll save this for another time.

And thanks for your last point. I appreciate it’s an emotive word but I was careful to use it appropriately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here