Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sue Gray is Red

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Poor likkle Boris - he lied and bullied his way to the very top of the greasy pole, while his former employers, like that well-known ultra-Leftist Max Hastings, warned that Johnson was a narcissistic, pathological liar and gross incompetent who wasn't fit to run a bath. It was also widely known that he was a serial philander and adulterer who couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

Johnson proved what an awful person he was, politically and personally, as Prime Minister, with his arrogance, lack of eye for detail, toddler-like inability to focus on anything for more than two minutes, 'spaffing' thousands on gold wallpaper in Downing Street, spaffing £ billions of tax-payers on dodgy COVID contracts awarded to Tory donors and Ministers' mates, using PMQs to insult the Opposition rather than answer Questions, unlawfully suspending Parliament when he feared he might lose an important vote (so much for reclaiming parliamentary sovereignty post-Brexit), and holding several parties whilst placing the rest of us under lockdown. Imagine the (justified) Tory outrage if a Labour PM had done just 1% of these things.

Yet just like brain-dead swivel-eyed Trump supporters in the US, Johnson's uneducated zombie-like worshippers and Red Wall sycophants bleat that the arrogant, swaggering, egotistical, serial-shagging, bully is actually an innocent victim who's been stitched-up by the "Left-wing Establishment" and the Labour Party. Pure deranged Right-wing paranoia and reds-under-the-bed bullsh*t.

I'm old enough to remember when Tories believed in such a thing as 'individual responsibility', rather than always blaming everyone else. I guess, like most other things Tories preach, these rules only apply to us 'little people' while the Tories consider themselves to be above the law because of their privileged education (Eton's fees are £46,000 per year) and wealth; "Don't do as we do, do as we say you 'orrible plebs."

Tragically, Britain still has millions of cap-doffing, forelock-tugging, working-class Tories who look-up to arrogant, public-school-educated, millionaire, self-serving charlatans like Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Smugg and Nigel Farage - while complaining that "the Labour Party is too middle-class."

Sadly, Robert Tressell's brilliant (1915) The Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists could have been written today.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Easy to get sucked in when certain newspapers were printing pictures of Starmer eating a curry on their front page.....

.. before the pandemic
Ministers like Nadine Dorries sharing the photo which had the late Frank Dobson (who died in 2019) sitting next to Starmer.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Strange how Starmer was cleared of partying in Lockdown by her
I mean, if you're just going to make shit up at least make it entertaining.

"Strange how Starmer attacked No.10 during the pandemic with a horde of dragons and a thousand topless swimwear models in an effort to make sure Johnson caught Covid and nearly died, and Sue Gray has said NOTHING about that at all!"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Strange how Starmer was cleared of partying in Lockdown by her
Durham police cleared Starmer. TWICE.

Sue Gray investigated Partygate after Johnson and Sunak received fines. The investigation centres on whether Johnson lied to Parliament.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
So the impartial civil servant, Sue Gray, who contucted the Partygate enquiry, is the new chief of staff of the Labour Party. Stinks. Boris was stitched up.

Attachments

• tiny violin.gif
    tiny violin.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 35

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is in the purview of the PM whether or not too enforce a waiting period on an exiting permanent Secretary. Makes no difference if she intends working for the Labour Party or British Gas. (That’s what I’m talking about)
OK. Interesting. A bit like the gardening leave that Ashworth was forced to endure before becoming head of bar-coding. Except that Gray is not swapping a job with one team for the same job with an opponent of the first team.

Should be interesting to see how Sunak decides to maximize political mileage out of this, then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You should see the front page of the Daily Mail. It’s hilarious.

Oh, my giddy aunt.

This is a turbo version of the 'they are all as bad as each other' trope that was being pedaled as Johnson stumbled from fiasco to another.

Oh well, those who live in a Daily Fail silo will never see Starmer as anything other than a devious corrupt baby-eating communist placeman and stooge of Corbyn. So it goes.

Funny, though :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A post you could have made in a different context to another prominent member of NSC
Someone I have on ignore, perchance? The ignore function is now so efficient that if a numpty starts a numpty thread I not only don't see the post I don't see the thread either. It's Heavenly :lolol:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It’s not good optics. I don’t think there’s anything untoward of course, without Gray’s report it was obvious Boris had f***ed up and lied (again).

But it really isn’t good optics.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They say these things because it works though surely.

Only I guess 0.1% believe these not job conspiracies the first time they hear them. But if you keep levelling them .... Repetition and message discipline over a range of medium, you'll gain serious traction. It's why a massive percentage of Americans think Biden stole the election. It's why swathes of Russia believe everything Putin says. Organised lying works.

We're in the early to mid stages of it here, but as a nation we need to seriously think about how we prevent organised misinformation being spread.
You have a point. Blair set up an instant rebuttal unit to deal with tory medial lies when in opposition. No doubt we have moved on a bit now in terms of organization. I don't see any need for Starmer to do anything presently. If others are correct the appointment has to be sanctioned by Sunak who apparently has the power to set the period of her gardening leave (albeit....although others have said this I have yet to see it confirmed as fact).

My guess is that Sunak will not block the appointment but will coninue his dirty trick of making false claims at the end of PMQT when Starmer can't reply.

Frankly, there are of course people who will always think that all politicians are the same. There are people like NSC's own dear tory trolls JCFG (now posting under a different name) who will always say anything to smear labour and paint he tories in a good light but, frankly, does it really matter?

I suspect Starmer will have to drop a genuine bollock to see his progress to number 10 derailed. There is a million miles between saintly Sue and, er, whatbout Diane Abbott!

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
It’s not good optics. I don’t think there’s anything untoward of course, without Gray’s report it was obvious Boris had f***ed up and lied (again).

But it really isn’t good optics.

I’m not so sure. Once all the screams of outrage from “friends of Johnson” have died down, what we have here is somebody who’s been so angered by what they’ve found inside Downing Street that they’ve accepted a position to try and clean up the Augean Stables that are currently corrupting our institutions.

That, in itself, sends a pretty powerful message about what Sue Gray found during her investigations.

Edit: Also, given that it was the Conservative Party that introduced this novelty with Lord Frost, they can hardly legitimately complain when others take a leaf from their book.

Every political party forgets that when they pull a dirty deed, it will at some point absolutely be turned around and used against them, because they chose to legitimise it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Civil servant conducts report into government activities.
Civil servant publishes report.
Civil servant resigns.
Civil servant is offered job.
Civil servant accepts job.

They are the facts.

If it had been Civil Servant is offered job by Labour Party; Civili Servant conducts report into Conservative leader, and in that order, then it would be a problem.

I think it's rather good that Labour are appointing someone with a track record for reviewing poor givernance and behaviour. Hopefully it will raise standards from the gutter into which Johnson, Ress Mogg, Dorries, Hancock, Williamson and the like have dragged them.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Total stitch up. Bring back Boris.

• Haha
Reactions: A1X

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

But it really isn’t good optics.u

Agreed …not sure most on this thread will be able to see past the Boris ‘*ucked up bit though

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Poor likkle Boris - he lied and bullied his way to the very top of the greasy pole, while his former employers, like that well-known ultra-Leftist Max Hastings, warned that Johnson was a narcissistic, pathological liar and gross incompetent who wasn't fit to run a bath. It was also widely known that he was a serial philander and adulterer who couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

Johnson proved what an awful person he was, politically and personally, as Prime Minister, with his arrogance, lack of eye for detail, toddler-like inability to focus on anything for more than two minutes, 'spaffing' thousands on gold wallpaper in Downing Street, spaffing £ billions of tax-payers on dodgy COVID contracts awarded to Tory donors and Ministers' mates, using PMQs to insult the Opposition rather than answer Questions, unlawfully suspending Parliament when he feared he might lose an important vote (so much for reclaiming parliamentary sovereignty post-Brexit), and holding several parties whilst placing the rest of us under lockdown. Imagine the (justified) Tory outrage if a Labour PM had done just 1% of these things.

Yet just like brain-dead swivel-eyed Trump supporters in the US, Johnson's uneducated zombie-like worshippers and Red Wall sycophants bleat that the arrogant, swaggering, egotistical, serial-shagging, bully is actually an innocent victim who's been stitched-up by the "Left-wing Establishment" and the Labour Party. Pure deranged Right-wing paranoia and reds-under-the-bed bullsh*t.

I'm old enough to remember when Tories believed in such a thing as 'individual responsibility', rather than always blaming everyone else. I guess, like most other things Tories preach, these rules only apply to us 'little people' while the Tories consider themselves to be above the law because of their privileged education (Eton's fees are £46,000 per year) and wealth; "Don't do as we do, do as we say you 'orrible plebs."

Tragically, Britain still has millions of cap-doffing, forelock-tugging, working-class Tories who look-up to arrogant, public-school-educated, millionaire, self-serving charlatans like Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Smugg and Nigel Farage - while complaining that "the Labour Party is too middle-class."

Sadly, Robert Tressell's brilliant (1915) The Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists could have been written today.
I wish I’d said that - even down to the Ragged-Trousered Philanthropist bit. How a book can be so funny and so devastatingly sad at the same time amazes me!

one thing that really gets me at the moment is the “Matt Hancock couriered a COVID test to Jacob Rees-Mogg for one of his kids” revelation. Not only a case of one rule for us and one for them, but who paid for the courier? If it was the Department of Health, that would be misuse of public funds. In the late 1970s I was working for Southern Gas in Bournemouth when someone was sacked for gross misconduct for doing something similar with post (serial offender).

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
'Boris' was "stitched up" by Boris being Boris. No more, no less.

In any other era of British politics the self-serving, mendacious, public-purse-syphoning, incompetent rat would have had his hook forcibly slung long before blagging his way to the highest position of office in the land
Boris Johnson is responsible for his own actions. But, to a lot of people, Gray’s conclusions now lose their credibility as a result of working for Starmer.

Terrible news for trust in politics, and more importantly the perception that the civil service is neutral. That matters more than Sue Gray’s personal ambitions I’m afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here