Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sue Gray is Red

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So the impartial civil servant, Sue Gray, who contucted the Partygate enquiry, is the new chief of staff of the Labour Party. Stinks. Boris was stitched up.
Poor Boris. Boris is a victim. It's the left-wing establishment against the Tories. Boris is a man of the people.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
How are GB News getting away with calling themselves a news channel in this country? They're like Fox News.
They're not like Fox News. Despite their crackpot presenters they still report the news. We're not there yet, but when Johnson wanted to put Paul Dacre in charge of Ofcom you could see the direction he wanted...

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
How are GB News getting away with calling themselves a news channel in this country? They're like Fox News.
I'm not sure but they're certainly testing Ofcom's Due Impartiality rules.

Screenshot_2023-03-03-09-15-30-100_com.android.chrome.jpg

Ofcom carried out 28 investigations last year and found 17 breaches of the broadcasting code.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So the impartial civil servant, Sue Gray, who contucted the Partygate enquiry, is the new chief of staff of the Labour Party. Stinks. Boris was stitched up.
She was appointed to head up the enquiry because the person who should have headed it up, Cabinet Secretary Simon Case was AT THE F***ING PARTIES in question :dunce:

So it was very important that Johnson appointed someone who had a reputation for being completely impartial and honest. Do you understand anything about any aspect of what's happened in the last 3 and a bit years :lolol:

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
She was appointed to head up the enquiry because the person who should have headed it up, Cabinet Secretary Simon Case was AT THE F***ING PARTIES in question :dunce:

So it was very important that Johnson appointed someone who had a reputation for being impartial and honest. Do you understand anything about any aspect of what's happened in the last 3 and a bit years :lolol:
It’s an excellent appointment. Anyone personally selected by the Liar-PM and then capable of plunging the knife in to him will not flinch at cutting the throats of trouble makers like Corbyn.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
They're not like Fox News. Despite their crackpot presenters they still report the news. We're not there yet, but when Johnson wanted to put Paul Dacre in charge of Ofcom you could see the direction he wanted...

I'm not a viewer, having only seen the odd clip, but I was under the impression that much of their output was opinion led rather than a traditional news broadcast. Culture wars and COVID conspiracies doesn't sound like a news report.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Tories howling …. and if the roles were reversed then Labour would be howling just exactly the same!

However her fate is in the hands of the PM:

The rules state: "All Permanent Secretaries, including Second Permanent Secretaries, will be subject to a minimum waiting period of three months and up to two years between leaving paid Civil Service employment and taking up an outside appointment or employment.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Oh dear me this can't be good news for Labour, why did they get involved with her?
I am also concerned about that undecided share of the vote jumping on the sunak love train, once they forgive him for stabbing Johnson in the back. It might just get too tight for comfort at the general election if Sunak keeps looking like a prime minister that can sort this mess out.
I hope there isn't going to be any dirt thrown at Keir towards the general election.
A long way to go surely we can't throw away such a large majority?
couldnt think of anyone more detached from the realities of Burnley council estate residents, than a public school prefect married to a billionaire.

He's going beyond John Major 1997 levels of wipeout.

No cost of living crisis in the Sunak household and having the ignominy of shopping in Waitrose when Fortnum and Mason run out of your favourite Wild boar with Apricot and pistacchio pate is as near as he gets to understanding real struggles.

I dont think he'll be PM at the election, the Tories who are pretty efficient at knifing their own, wont walk into electoral suicide without another night of the long knives. If the polls are still like this come Autumn, fishy Rishy will be ousted.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s increasingly hard to tell these days when something is frothing gibberish and when it’s a parody of frothing gibberish. I’m genuinely stumped on this one.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
It’s not uncommon for civil servants to be employed by political parties after they have left the civil service.

Where’s the fire?

Anyhow, this shower are enough to turn everyone red (whatever that means).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nonsense. She let Johnson off the hook.

Dry your eyes, your hero is finished.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh dear me this can't be good news for Labour, why did they get involved with her?
I am also concerned about that undecided share of the vote jumping on the sunak love train, once they forgive him for stabbing Johnson in the back. It might just get too tight for comfort at the general election if Sunak keeps looking like a prime minister that can sort this mess out.
I hope there isn't going to be any dirt thrown at Keir towards the general election.
A long way to go surely we can't throw away such a large majority?
You haven't read the room, have you?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tories howling …. and if the roles were reversed then Labour would be howling just exactly the same!

However her fate is in the hands of the PM:

The rules state: "All Permanent Secretaries, including Second Permanent Secretaries, will be subject to a minimum waiting period of three months and up to two years between leaving paid Civil Service employment and taking up an outside appointment or employment.
What are you talking about? The conservative PM has no role in the appointment of staff by the labour party.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Im not sure how Boris was "stitched up here". The inquiry had little impact on him as he basically ignored the findings anyway.
His ultimate resignation was caused by the cabinet resignations following on from a different scandal entirely.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Yes that's why he had a downfall, not because of a sexual assault case that he joked about involving a senior member of his own staff.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What are you talking about? The conservative PM has no role in the appointment of staff by the labour party.
Unfortunately he may have, as there are a huge number of rules, regulations, checks, security checks and various other hoops that you have to agree and sign up to, to if you want to be a senior civil servant.

Interestingly enough, none of these rules, regulations or security checks apply if you want to be an MP, Minister of State, or even Prime Minister ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ho, ho, good one mate :thumbsup:

Sue Gray was appointed by the government to run a report, the terms of reference of which were set by Boris Johnson himself.

Anti Labour when Corbyn was in charge - “Momentum will turn us into a woke North Korea”

Anti Labour when Starmer appoints a government official with years of experience not from the far left - “Boris was stitched up”.

Do you get all your best ideas in the middle of the night?

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
What I find interesting, is that the individual who has investigated what has been going on at Downing Street over the past few years is clearly so horrified by what she’s seen, she’s willing to publicly indicate that change is needed by accepting a political job that will move her from impartial to having “picked a side.”

She will be fully aware of the furore such a move will cause, but it sends a clear message that what she’s found is absolutely rotten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here