Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Substitutions.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I'm pretty sure Gus Poyet would not have made those substitutions which cost us the game. We all used to slate Gus for his negativity sometimes but i can guaruntee you he would not have made those attacking substitutions and would have wanted to leave there with a point.

It was such a shame to see a weaker starting eleven than we had this time last season and i have a funny feeling we are in for a long season.

(dons tin hat)

First game of last season:
Kuszczak
Bruno ~ Greer ~ El-Abd ~ Bridge
Crofts ~ Bridcutt ~ Dicker
Barnes ~ Mackail-Smith ~ Noone

Bench: Ankergren, Dunk, Calderon, Painter, Harley, Lualua, Agdestein.​

Today's line-up:

Kuszczak
Bruno ~ Greer ~ Upson ~ Calderon
Crofts ~ Bridcutt ~ Lopez
Barnes ~ Ulloa ~ Orlandi

Bench: Ankergren, El-Abd, Maksimenko, Agustien, Lualua, Buckley, March.

I'm sorry, but HOW this year's team weaker than that of this time last year? Idiot.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Jimmy Melia used to do different stuff too.

1st day of season mate, players tired, need subs init.....and guess what, the manager knows who is fit better than anyone.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The issue is late goals, not what it did or didn't cost.

This was a late goal that should have been disallowed for intentional handball , I actually saw it from 80 yards away. They even showed a slo-mo replay from a camera positioned behind the goal on the big screens to rub it in.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm pretty sure Gus Poyet would not have made those substitutions which cost us the game. We all used to slate Gus for his negativity sometimes but i can guaruntee you he would not have made those attacking substitutions and would have wanted to leave there with a point.

It was such a shame to see a weaker starting eleven than we had this time last season and i have a funny feeling we are in for a long season.

(dons tin hat)
Gus would have made no substitutions , salivating at how Leeds were playing and we would have lost 4-1. Oscar had the balls to make positive changes to get the 3 points but it didn't happen.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
its all hypothetical and guessing over what subs might or might not have been made by Gus....seemed some good subs...they got the break ..we lost in the last minute ..its a choker ...next game?

And i was one of them. But thank god Poyet knew better than us. We've just seen what could have happened regulaly had we got our way with attacking substitutions.

The decision to sack Poyet is already looking a stupid one. I firmly believe we will regret it.

Very brave comments, fortunately you are in either Northern France or Nottingham!! I personally think you may be wrong, Gus going could be the best result since being humiliated against palace...we'll see!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Fact of the matter is Poyet may well have got a point. But one win is as good as three draws and we will win more games than we draw with that approach today.A lot of teams wont get nothing at Leeds and we could have won the game.Missed chances and a goal that shojld have been disallowed..We still need a striker that can come off the bench and score goals but all in all i though todsy was quite encoraging.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fact of the matter is Poyet may well have got a point. But one win is as good as three draws and we will win more games than we draw with that approach today.A lot of teams wont get nothing at Leeds and we could have won the game.Missed chances and a goal that shojld have been disallowed..We still need a striker that can come off the bench and score goals but all in all i though todsy was quite encoraging.

A lot of teams wont get nothing? Good grief.

Fact of the matter, is that we haven't lost our last 3 matches at Elland Road. We drew one and won two.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Was waiting for the first cock to post 'Gus wouldn't have done that'. Gus is history move on!

Was waiting for the first cock to post 'Gus wouldn't have done that'. Gus is history move on!

Exactly, besides if Gus was so clever with his substitutions why did we give away so many late goals last season. Not only late but crucial as far as points were concerned.
Can't believe what I read on here of late, Jesus, we lose the first game of the season (away) and apparently we are now spinning uncontrollabley downward toward the Sussex County league. Tony Bloom who has invested millions into the club (because he is a Seagull) is now no other than the infamous Scrooge.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
As soon as I saw Crofts in the starting line-up I knew Oscar had ****ed today up. Let's hope he learns quickly, because we can't afford to pay another bottle job foreigner off.

You cant help yourself. You just love it when things dont go for the Albion. You revel in it. Then you fecking evaporate when things are going well. Why don't you just get lost you ****.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This was a late goal that should have been disallowed for intentional handball , I actually saw it from 80 yards away. They even showed a slo-mo replay from a camera positioned behind the goal on the big screens to rub it in.

Yes I agree, but it counted and is another late goal conceded. My point is, that this is not peculiar to Oscar it happened last year as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here