Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

subsidised travel zone going west

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Hi All,

Tried to look on club website but the little map thing is so small I cannot see anything.

Am I right in thinking the Subsidised travel zone start at Shoreham-by-sea for Rail Travel and Worthing for Buses?

If I am where can I get bus information from?

Thanks

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Hi All,

Tried to look on club website but the little map thing is so small I cannot see anything.

Am I right in thinking the Subsidised travel zone start at Shoreham-by-sea for Rail Travel and Worthing for Buses?

If I am where can I get bus information from?

Thanks

I don't know about the buses but I think the train is subsidised from at least worthing

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I know for a fact that it goes as far north as haywards heath so I would be surprised if shoreham is as far west that it goes

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Ok I stand corrected.
Has that always been the case or has it changed recently.

To be honest I would say it probably should go to Worthing, but as far as I know since the subsidised travel has been in place, yeah it's been shoreham. But, it's not really a problem. For me it's £4.30 from Goring to Falmer and back as opposed to (I think) £7.50. I'm happy with it anyway!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I get the bus from Worthing into Shoreham or Brighton then the train to Falmer. Easy.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It is nothing short of a scandal it only goes as east as Lewes (one stop) but all the way to worthing to the west.

*Shoreham for train - i mean i cant be sure after this topic. But yeah it isnt great considering Shoreham is like 9 stops from Falmer, yet you cant go from Glynde which is 2 stops. Extending it to Polegate on the train would be fairer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is nothing short of a scandal it only goes as east as Lewes (one stop) but all the way to worthing to the west.
Yeah your right, it is scandalous that the heavily subsidised free transport that running into 6 figures, every year, only goes to Lewes and not Hastings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
*Shoreham for train - i mean i cant be sure after this topic. But yeah it isnt great considering Shoreham is like 9 stops from Falmer, yet you cant go from Glynde which is 2 stops. Extending it to Polegate on the train would be fairer.
Glyne Polegate, pah.

Face facts East Sussex is a joke and the Albion would prefer if you all supported Gillingham.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

It is Shoreham for train & often 50 per train board for the Albion, more than in Glynde I'm sure. This west boundary is 'historic' from Withdean days & is in fact just 1 fast stop from 'west hove' (we are BHA) aka portslade not 9

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It is Shoreham for train & often 50 per train board for the Albion, more than in Glynde I'm sure. This west boundary is 'historic' from Withdean days & is in fact just 1 fast stop from 'west hove' (we are BHA) aka portslade not 9

No one lives in Glynde really anyway - why it should be Polegate, which serves Hailsham too and its under 10 minutes from Eastbourne. Would save about £2 on train tickets each match too. Keep the West boundary at Shoreham though.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
No one lives in Glynde really anyway - why it should be Polegate, which serves Hailsham too and its under 10 minutes from Eastbourne. Would save about £2 on train tickets each match too. Keep the West boundary at Shoreham though.

Who do you propose pays for this ???

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
So is the bus travel only Stagecoach or is it Brighton and Hove buses too?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Who do you propose pays for this ???

The club - its very focused on the West after Withdean and since there is a large fanbase in the East (just try getting on a train at Polegate before a match, usually leave rammed) - maybe the club should change it to reflect that. Having it at Polegate means that people from further East (Eastbourne, Bexhill etc) will still need tickets, so Southern still get some money, but there will be a further saving to fans, especially with prices at the Amex having gone up after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here