Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez BITES again - ***Update: Luis Suarez banned from ALL football for 4 months***

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He seems to be being well defended by his teammates, manager and country's press. That should be taken into account if he is found guilty; they should throw the book at him.

Not sure that is his fault.

Much how I hate him, the call for a 2 year ban from all football is waaaaaay OT.

Ban him from the rest of the World Cup and an additional amount.

I heard on the radio that FIFA can not ban him from club football? bit sure how true that is

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River

Much how I hate him, the call for a 2 year ban from all football is waaaaaay OT.

I heard on the radio that FIFA can not ban him from club football? bit sure how true that is

Really!! a 2 year ban is not enough....What sort of precedent does it set that someone can get away with biting offences 3 times and not get a proper ban. A shame he is such a great talent but people need to stop protecting him from his own actions.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
They should let him play as normal with one condition , that he has to wear a muzzle .

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

FIFA can ban him from all football, given that his previous bans have been (IIRC) 7 and 10 games, given that and the profile of the game, I reckon somewhere around 3-6 months.

While I understand that he has some pyschological issues and we should consider that, it's his constant playing of the victim that makes him a massive cock, than and his complete inability to admit any wrongdoing, be it racist comments or biting people....

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

This is the THIRD time he has been caught biting someone on a football pitch! I don't think that 2 yrs is OTT.
He should be banned for life! It's not like he's not had a reasonable warning that his behaviour is considered universally unacceptable.

Chiellini should press for assault charges to be brought and civil damages against the Uruguayan FA for negligence in allowing the f*cking animal out while he's a danger to other players.

Don't all players have to be licensed and registered? I would be very surprised if there isn't a clause in that licence that says it can be revoked at any time. This would effectively remove him from the game until FIFA/UEFA/FA agree to re-license him - he could be effectively banned for as long as they like.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
FIFA can ban him from all football, given that his previous bans have been (IIRC) 7 and 10 games, given that and the profile of the game, I reckon somewhere around 3-6 months.

While I understand that he has some pyschological issues and we should consider that, it's his constant playing of the victim that makes him a massive cock, than and his complete inability to admit any wrongdoing, be it racist comments or biting people....

3 months might seem like a decent ban but in context he really wouldn't miss all that much football. Uruguay are porbably likely to go out in the World Cup in any case at the Round of 16 so one game for them. Then Liverpool don't start the PL season until mid-late August so he'd miss a month of action for them, probably in the region of 5/6 games.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Yeah I didnt think that sounded right, but they seemed pretty adamant.

I dont think he even has psychological issues, he is just a dick - still saying that its no where near as bad as Mcmanamans tackle last year which got 3 games.

there is something wrong if a tackle that can end someones career gets 3 games and a bite gets a 2 year/lifetime ban as is being suggested.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Really!! a 2 year ban is not enough....What sort of precedent does it set that someone can get away with biting offences 3 times and not get a proper ban. A shame he is such a great talent but people need to stop protecting him from his own actions.

Is it worse than Roy Keane/Viera etc getting sent of numerous times for dangerous tackles/violent behavior?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Is it worse than Roy Keane/Viera etc getting sent of numerous times for dangerous tackles/violent behavior?

Sort of how I feel. I've seen tackles that have ended careers and get a 1 or 3 game ban. Headbutts, punches, spitting, diving.....and yet biting appears to be far worse than anything anyone has ever seen in football ever - lifetime ban!

Yes its pretty nasty, but it's also a bit pathetic. Ban him for 4 to even 10 international games so he misses the rest of the world cup, not sure how that can be extended to the domestic game given you'd be punishing Liverpool for a player that is currently not under their control.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
there is something wrong if a tackle that can end someones career gets 3 games and a bite gets a 2 year/lifetime ban as is being suggested.

Tackling is part of the game though. Yes, dangerous career-threatening challenges should be harhsly dealt with as well, but an "honest" tackle can still end up being dangerous or reckless without there being any actual intent on the part of the player to injure his opponent.

Biting is totally different. It is a pre-meditated act of violence with the express intent to hurt and/or injure someone. There's no grey area there.

He should get a 12 month ban from ALL football. FIFA is the world governing body, theres no reason why they should not be able to impose this.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I now hear he wonders what all the fuss is about ....FFS doesn't that tell us here is a guy who isn't actually wired up properly. He can't be allowed to go on munching through footballers like that...they are to damned expensive.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tackling is part of the game though. Yes, dangerous career-threatening challenges should be harhsly dealt with as well, but an "honest" tackle can still end up being dangerous or reckless without there being any actual intent on the part of the player to injure his opponent.

Biting is totally different. It is a pre-meditated act of violence with the express intent to hurt and/or injure someone. There's no grey area there.

He should get a 12 month ban from ALL football. FIFA is the world governing body, theres no reason why they should not be able to impose this.

What about an elbow? is that part of football too?

I am not defending him, it was a vile act but come on....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What about an elbow? is that part of football too?

I am not defending him, it was a vile act but come on....

Some elbows are deliberate, some aren't. Players use arms / elbows to block and to gain elevation when jumping, so in that respect yes, elbows are part of the game. And anyone who consistantly causes injuries to opponents through deliberately elbowing them should be dealt with just as harshly, but each incident has to be judged on its own merits.

A bite can never be anything other than completely, totally, 100% deliberate though.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The guy is an animal. There really is no excuse for it, especially as this is the 3rd time, a very talented footballer but a complete nutcase to boot. Hope they through the book at him.

Wonder what Gus has to say?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Some elbows are deliberate, some aren't. Players use arms / elbows to block and to gain elevation when jumping, so in that respect yes, elbows are part of the game. And anyone who consistantly causes injuries to opponents through deliberately elbowing them should be dealt with just as harshly, but each incident has to be judged on its own merits.

A bite can never be anything other than completely, totally, 100% deliberate though.

You can tell if an elbow/punch is meant on a reply

But the most you will get for a deliberate elbow is a few games, certainly not a 2 year ban.

If Neymar connected with Modric (and was seen by the ref) in the first game he would have got a 3 game ban max

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

Perfectly summed up.

The fact that he is a brilliant footballer should be completely irrelevant when it comes to his punishment.

This is his third vicious, personal attack on a fellow footballer with an action that has nothing to with tackling, trying to win the ball, defend the ball, score a goal or anything else that is part of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here