Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez at it again

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Punched the ball in for Liverpool's second goal. Then celebrated by showing his arm to the crowd.
Hope Gus keeps well away this time.

Just watched the highlights show. Punched??! The commentator was a cock - "This player is a cheat". Give over. It hid his hand, he finished it by hitting it into the net with frustration expecting the ref to call it. Anyone else would do the same. Even the opposition manager agreed.

For the record I love watching Suarez, the bloke can do stuff no-one else can do in world football. Genius of a player. He's done nothing wrong here, and other than the hand ball in the World Cup, nothing else wrong from what I've seen. People should see him for what he is, a genius. Enjoy him rather than getting your knickers in a twist.

Last edited:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I swear Suarez got abuse for the world cup handball because it was against Ghana. If Rooney had blocked a certain goal with his hands, got sent off and the subsequent penalty was missed he would be lauded as a hero.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
According to the fourth official, the ref saw the handball but decided it wasn't intentional. Intentional or not, if you palm the ball into your path and then smash it into the net it is obviously f**king handball! The referee is a c**k. That said, I can't stand Suarez.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I swear Suarez got abuse for the world cup handball because it was against Ghana. If Rooney had blocked a certain goal with his hands, got sent off and the subsequent penalty was missed he would be lauded as a hero.

not sure about the hero bit but he definitely wouldn't get the shit that Johnny Foreigner Suarez gets.

I laughed my head off when Owen went down in the box vs Argentina 2002

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Just watched the highlights show. Punched??! The commentator was a cock - "This player is a cheat". Give over. It hid his hand, he finished it by hitting it into the net with frustration expecting the ref to call it. Anyone else would do the same. Even the opposition manager agreed.

For the record I love watching Suarez, the bloke can do stuff no-one else can do in world football. Genius of a player. He's done nothing wrong here, and other than the hand ball in the World Cup, nothing else wrong from what I've seen. People should see him for what he is, a genius. Enjoy him rather than getting your knickers in a twist.
Agree with all of this. He's an absolutely fantastic player to watch.

P.s it is worth noting when he joined Liverpool he hadnt played for Ajax for 3 months because he was banned for biting another player :eek:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
According to the fourth official, the ref saw the handball but decided it wasn't intentional. Intentional or not, if you palm the ball into your path and then smash it into the net it is obviously f**king handball! The referee is a c**k. That said, I can't stand Suarez.

He instictively raised his hand to stop the ball going past him and then kicked it into the net. Obviously intentional, not ball to hand, even if it was instinctive.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He instictively raised his hand to stop the ball going past him and then kicked it into the net. Obviously intentional, not ball to hand, even if it was instinctive.

Instinctive and intentional are opposites. What you are saying is impossible.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ahhh a good thread of NSC indignation. What would we do without Suarez etal letting us take the moral high ground.

Never see any of our players cheating!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

I disagree. He would've been crucified by the media.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

He bit someone in Holland and got a three match ban? He dives an awful lot and should have at least one red card at the beginning of this season for nasty and late tackles

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He bit someone in Holland and got a three match ban? He dives an awful lot and should have at least one red card at the beginning of this season for nasty and late tackles

He probably was talking to them and his teeth tooth over. He doesnt dive much more than others, it's just the usual foreigner witchhunt. I have seen a couple of shit tackles I agree, but again looking at his face there doesnt seem malice. I can't stand witchhunts for any player. Even Bale (despite the diving).

I see ESPN has apologised for the commentary.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I wouldn't expect many strikers chase after the ref, and inform him they handled it, for the same reasons defenders don't chase the ref, and inform him they handled it in the other penalty box. It's just the way it is. Don't like Suarez though.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Instinctive and intentional are opposites. What you are saying is impossible.

I see what you're saying GCCM, but you could also argue that although 'instinctive', his instinct was to control the ball with his hand, so it was something he was trying to do and therefore intentional. It's all semantics, but I can see what Seagull58 was trying to say.

I don't buy all the bullshit about it being entirely up to the officials to spot it, so because they didn't Saurez is blame free. If a store guard doesn't spot some pikey nicking from a shop, is it the guard's fault that the pikey stole something, or is the pikey to blame?

Players of other sports call fouls on themselves, or help the officials (batsmen walking in cricket is sadly becoming rarer), so why do so many shift the blame from footballers?

For what it's worth, I was disgusted by Spanish Dave's sly look at the ref & rolling about on Saturday - not what I want to see from the club I support. (I realise I am probably in the minority there, but that I my opinion). Anyone defending Lopez or Saurez is on pretty shaky ground if they then want to criticise that diving young whippersnapper up the road! (or is diving just 'part of the game' or 'up to the officials to spot it'?)

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Never sulks, works extremely hard for his team, scores bags of goals (probably the most reliable striker to put money on if you're having a bet in the Premier League) and remained dignified over the alleged racist claim from Patrice Evra.

Yes, he must be a complete scumbag. Let's flog him once again.

Couldn't agree more. Suarez has become a hate figure for many and they allow this to could their judgement on incidents involving him leading to the mass overreaction that is this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here