Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez at it again

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Mansfield prepared a pitch that looked like a ploughed field; they tried to level things up with a good passing side such as Liverpool, which is totally unprofessional for a full-time club. And for a ground that could fit into the Championship on three sides quite easily, that's not really acceptable. Not at all.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Suarez took advantage of the situation.Did he deliberately hand ball it ? I'm not so sure,but it WAS handball and BOTH officials should have seen it.They didn't,or maybe the cheating so and so's pretended they didn't, so whose really to blame ? I don't regard him as any more a cheat than those who dive around,or roll around in agony to get players sent off. Or perhaps we should contact the FA to offer Newcastle a second chance ?

And in the end the result was Mansfield 1 Liverpool 2 , which will still be the outcome when you read next year's Sky Football Handbook.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Mansfield prepared a pitch that looked like a ploughed field; they tried to level things up with a good passing side such as Liverpool, which is totally unprofessional for a full-time club.

I think you'll find that the weather dictated the state of the pitch.
They may have improved the stands a lot, but it's still a non-league ground infrastructure-wise.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sad day for football when a mega star has to cheat a non league side
Shame on Liverpool fine the cheat

You, as a Palace fan, are on pretty thin ice when it comes to bleating about fining players for cheating don't you think?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Mansfield prepared a pitch that looked like a ploughed field; they tried to level things up with a good passing side such as Liverpool, which is totally unprofessional for a full-time club. And for a ground that could fit into the Championship on three sides quite easily, that's not really acceptable. Not at all.

Awww. Poor Liverpool players playing on a rough pitch. Sorry but what are these players earning 90k a week paid for?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Would be nice if Brendan Rogers did a Wenger and offer to replay the match as Arsenal did vs Sheffield Utd years ago. Can't imagine that sporting gesture would ever be repeated.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing

That's what the fa cups all about

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
What is the difference between a player hand balling the ball or rolling over god knows how many times and looking at the ref in order to get a fellow player sent off? Just a thought.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I like saurez cracking player every little thing he does wrong now gets blown out of proportion he cheated in the past so gets labelled a cheat all the time

Lopez took a dive on Saturday and got Ameobi sent off(good ) all players cheat at some stage in their career it's all part of the game

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What is the difference between a player hand balling the ball or rolling over god knows how many times and looking at the ref in order to get a fellow player sent off? Just a thought.

One is against the rules and the other isn't? Now, if we were to compare handball with diving, it'd be a closer call.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The more I look at it, the more ball to hand it looks but just because it's Luis Suarez, just another reason to have a pop at him.

Peter Crouch scored a far more blatant one for Stoke City in the Premier League at The Britannia Stadium earlier this season - "more like basketball" said Gary Lineker on MOTD, but that was quickly forgotten because Crouch is English and never been in any on-field controversy.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
If, in my line of work I 'handballed' it, perhaps cheated a supplier for an extra month before payment of an invoice, or just perhaps lied to a mate on a building site about the whereabouts of his tools, I would be pillioried. No, not so a footballer, gods that they are. Just like Ballotelli they get special dispensation to be a perfect twat! without repercussions at all. At least repercussions that most of us would face in the real world. Sometimes it annoys me that football can't eradicate the obvious Bulls**t, including our own lopez against Newcastle!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The more I look at it, the more ball to hand it looks but just because it's Luis Suarez, just another reason to have another pop at him.

Any particular reason why you're so keen to defend the scumbag? Funny that you're the only person on the thread who has deemed it ball-to-hand.
I didn't see the Crouch incident, but would have reacted in a similar way (I think doing it against Non-league opposition makes it all the worse)

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Can t stand him no meaning. Of fairplay worse than maradona.
Lopez also let himself down for us.can t stand diving.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Any particular reason why you're so keen to defend the scumbag? Funny that you're the only person on the thread who has deemed it ball-to-hand.
I didn't see the Crouch incident, but would have reacted in a similar way (I think doing it against Non-league opposition makes it all the worse)

Never sulks, works extremely hard for his team, scores bags of goals (probably the most reliable striker to put money on if you're having a bet in the Premier League) and remained dignified over the alleged racist claim from Patrice Evra.

Yes, he must be a complete scumbag. Let's flog him once again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here