Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Stuttering Sussex v Flatcaps LV County Championship Arundel

Maybe, just maybe the pitch has something to do with the scoring rates.

There was no pace in it when I was there on Thursday although Goff caused Yorks some problem throughout their innings. However, Yorks showed little intent in scoring at anything more than a pedestrian pace throughout the five sessions+ that they occupied the crease.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Nash is out and almost immediately Wells has taken control scoring TWO runs in TWO balls, the FIREWORKS have started.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lunch on Day 4.

Sussex 102-1 (41 overs) trailing by 52 runs with 9 'wickets' in hand.

LWP Wells 26* (126 balls) RJ H-Brown 16* (18 balls)

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Nash still scored at a faster rate than Lyth, Leaning and Bresnam, and we are supposed to be shutting up shop.
And Pencils has the highest scoring rate of the match, racing along at 88.88 per 100 balls.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I played at Horsham once. One of those North Sussex wickets with a clay under soil. A real flat-top. Being a bowler, it was always a good time for my back problem to start playing up....

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I played at Horsham once. One of those North Sussex wickets with a clay under soil. A real flat-top. Being a bowler, it was always a good time for my back problem to start playing up....

I know it well - "Sorry skip, me hamstring's/knee/shoulder/back (delete as appropriate) playing up a bit, I can give it a go but can't guarantee I'll finish the over."

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I know it well - "Sorry skip, me hamstring's/knee/shoulder/back (delete as appropriate) playing up a bit, I can give it a go but can't guarantee I'll finish the over."

That's the one. My back problem generally kicked in just north of Ditchling and became unbearable agony once the fixture list reached East Grinstead....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here