Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Stuttering Sussex v Flatcaps LV County Championship Arundel

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I was up there today and some of the shot selection was shocking - I can't remember all of who did what (probably because I was trying to listen to the test match at the same time) but

Hamilton-Brown obviously thinks he has learnt something from Pietersen at "the Re" (shudder) and was looking to be aggressive but got out to a shot he didn't need to play.
Wright was another one who was living dangerously
And I think it was Machan who decided to look at one ball from Patterson and try and attack him - he came second.

Luke Wells was one of only two players who came out of the game with any credit by not flashing at the ball, or playing rash shots and yet the one time he did chase the ball, he got out and that was right on the stroke of tea - poor decision making.
Tredwell was the others, taking three fours of a single Bresnan over, I don't think he gave any chances and obviously I hope he does the business with the ball tomorrow (after licking all the Yorkshire player's boots clean of course).

I was there until mid afternoon and can agree with all of that, if Wright had a brain he would be some cricketer.......

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Yorkie orders headstone for wife's grave.

Year of birth. Year of Death. Name.

Epitaph : "She was thine".

Yorkie goes to inspect the memorial stone at the Cemetary.

Year of birth. Year of Death. Name.

Epitaph : "She was thin"

Yorkie is absolutely furious.

Goes to mason. My wife's stone. You've left off the "e" !!

We'll fix that by this afternoon sir.

Yorkie visits grave.

Headstone.

Year of birth. Year of death. Name.

Epitaph : " E, she was thin."

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Sussex all out for 316 which is remarkable considering our position at tea yesterday , Yukshire are 4-0 and have decided not to declare , i wonder if they may regret this by thee time thy haff batted til thursday withoot loosin any wickits

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
A breakthrough for the parsimonious Magoffin on the stroke of lunch... traps Lees LBW

S J Magoffin 8.3 - 6 - 6 - 1

Yorkshire 56-1

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
16 overs and Magoffin has ALREADY given away ELEVEN runs, why is he continuing to bowl?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
208/3 off 89 overs.......the spirit of Boycott lives on in Yorkshire

208/3 off 89 overs.......the spirit of Boycott lives on in Yorkshire

Arrived just after lunch and left around 4.30 when they were 140ish for 3. Really poor stuff in front of a decent crowd.
I also thought we looked a bit lethargic in the field with only the Goff and Treadwell looking like they'd get a wicket (which they both did). If Yorks increase their run rate to much above 3 per over tomorrow then we could be looking at a 200+ deficit on first innings and a tricky fourth day playing for the draw.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Arrived just after lunch and left around 4.30 when they were 140ish for 3. Really poor stuff in front of a decent crowd.
I also thought we looked a bit lethargic in the field with only the Goff and Treadwell looking like they'd get a wicket (which they both did). If Yorks increase their run rate to much above 3 per over tomorrow then we could be looking at a 200+ deficit on first innings and a tricky fourth day playing for the draw.
208 runs in a days play is pretty desperate stuff, feel very sorry for anyone who paid money to watch that.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
2 quick wickets for Sussex, 267/5

JA Leaning c & b Tredwell 99 (303m 257b 12x4 0x6) SR: 38.52
AJ Finch lbw b Magoffin 3 (12m 13b 0x4 0x6) SR: 23.07

Obviously were still loose.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
It’s now reached the stage where I look at the score merely out of a sense of morbid curiosity.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Cracking game today between the Northern giants of Lancs and Durham... #propercricket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here