Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Student Questionnaire: Working Class Game: Upper Class Prices

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
Done. Doing mine at the moment so I have sympathy. Some valid points made by fellow posters so maybe re-think your title. I imagine you can change it/tweak it any time before submission. No doubt you are exploring/critiquing some of the themes raised on here in your study.

cowburn86

Sep 30, 2011
Berlin
I'd definitely agree with the idea of changing your title - it appears you have drawn a conclusion from the off which lends be to think that you are going to spend the whole dissertation looking at the evidence which backs up your claim and ignoring the evidence which contradicts the title. If you want to cover this topic I would go for something along the lines of "Investigating the current and historical relationship between class, finance and football" (dry but I'm sure you can think of something to make it spicier).

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
New Title: "Is modern-day football affordable to all members of modern-day social classes".

Get your data from all 'classes' and identify that all classes do pay for (and can afford) modern-day football.
Then identify why some people (of all classes) can't afford m/any games.

You're welcome.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
New Title: "Is modern-day football affordable to all members of modern-day social classes".

Get your data from all 'classes' and identify that all classes do pay for (and can afford) modern-day football.
Then identify why some people (of all classes) can't afford m/any games.

You're welcome.

It makes you wonder if £9000 is ALL you need to get an offer these days. Frankly, i did tougher assignments in my first year of GCSE Sociology.

leedsbeckett

Mar 2, 2015
Sorry people i've only just seen your feedback. Much appreciated feedback and it is certainly best being told now so i will take it on the chin and take all your comments on board. The title was more to be 'catchy' rather than anything. The dissertation is more to do with the motivations of football fans attending championship matches despite rising ticket prices rather than class itself so maybe the title is fooling you all. 'Tin hat on'.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Like other posters, I'm not taking part on the basis that the concept is flawed. The idea of classes, in the way that the OP is intending them, do not exist. Society has become a lot more transient than that.

If you were examining solely the debate around what has more bearing on attendance figures - prices or success on the pitch - that would be a more interesting idea.

I think he was just trying to come up with a snappy title.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Don't be so stupid ,still plenty of have and have not in this country are you seriousley questioning it, if so you need to get out and about ,
regards
DR
I agree, but there tend to be more with more. It's not the same as the game being packed put with factory workers who earned pittance.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
No chance that you have decided the outcome before the survey is there?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
depends in what circles you move in ,I'd say there's still plenty of people that are just about making ends meet
regards
DR
Probably about 35% of the country I'd say that scrape through:thumbsup:
Nothing has changed and the classes are very much the same as they were decades ago...That will never change.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
It makes you wonder if £9000 is ALL you need to get an offer these days. Frankly, i did tougher assignments in my first year of GCSE Sociology.

My dissertation proposal is "Is federalisation the solution to contemporary European woes?" By all means, explain in what way this won't be harder than your first year of GCSE Sociology.

If you do explain, please help me.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
My dissertation proposal is "Is federalisation the solution to contemporary European woes?" By all means, explain in what way this won't be harder than your first year of GCSE Sociology.

If you do explain, please help me.

Don't you know that that the definition of "family" is the hardest thing to grasp in sociology? :facepalm:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Why are all student questionnaires so dreadful? This is the first one for a while (there were several last year) and they were all over-simplistic with leading questions. Doesn't anybody ever pilot these things first any more?

The reasons I don't go to games have nothing at all to do with prices.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I filled it in, and find it sad that so many feel the need to belittle a young lad trying to make his way in life. If his work is not up to scratch then his tutors should be the judge of that. Good luck!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry people i've only just seen your feedback. Much appreciated feedback and it is certainly best being told now so i will take it on the chin and take all your comments on board. The title was more to be 'catchy' rather than anything. The dissertation is more to do with the motivations of football fans attending championship matches despite rising ticket prices rather than class itself so maybe the title is fooling you all. 'Tin hat on'.

I have completed the survey and good luck. I do have one tip for you though. To put the criticism of your survey in context please spent a few minutes surfing this board. You'll soon realise our supporter base is miserable and grumpy about pretty much everything....not just your survey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here