Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Student deal last tuesday...............

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Good post. The "agenda" is to wet knickers as fast as possible about anything possible.

We have 23,000+ season ticket holders.
Of these, a few hundred would describe Brighton as only being their "second club"
We sell a thousand or two extra tickets for each game in the home stands.
Of these, another couple of hundred are probably "second clubbers", students or tourists.

The average Amex crowd of 26,000 has a few hundred people in it that are not real Albion fans.

Just off to change my knickers for a dry pair.

Try pampers .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
do you sing other teams songs ?

Did this actually HAPPEN, then?

Can you give some more detail on it, please. I'm genuinely curious.

There were only a couple of hundred people in there, tops, so it would figure that even if we assume that ALL were from outside the area* there wouldn't have been any more than a hadful from any one particular support. What was the song, and who was actually singing it? If it was one or two Arsenal kids having an in-joke with a couple of Spurs mates, it seems a bit silly of you to bemoan the entire initiative, on the strength of that.

*A large % of students at Brighton / Sussex Unis are local. I suspect that a good number of those taking up this offer actually ARE Albion fans anyway.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
The club were selling these tickets to students at Brighton University. The club should be applauded for this type of enterprise. I am more than happy for thousands of students to adopt us as their second club and come and spend money in the stadium, I don't understand why anyone would be upset by this?

This.
Far better to have bums on seats than all the gaps that are showing in the stadium now.
Well done Barber.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
All Uni students will be 2 club bell ends. The majority have travelled here from elsewhere.

That is less true now than it used to be. Taking the various university and HE courses available in Brighton as a whole there will be a lot of students from the local area.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
The chant was "we are top of the league" sung by what sounded like about 8_10 people not kids coming out of nw ....didnt sound northern "burnley" so presumed Arsenal ....liberty imo .But hey if Brighton fans are happy with that ....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The chant was "we are top of the league" sung by what sounded like about 8_10 people not kids coming out of nw ....didnt sound northern "burnley" so presumed Arsenal ....liberty imo .But hey if Brighton fans are happy with that ....

Right, so you actually don't know WHO sung it, how many of them there were, or what they meant by it? Excellent work. Ban them all, the bellends.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Good post. The "agenda" is to wet knickers as fast as possible about anything possible.

We have 23,000+ season ticket holders. around 3000 of which don't bother attending matches
Of these, a few hundred would describe Brighton as only being their "second club" I think that is presently they do...Around 12k of them probably supported Man U or Chelsea prior to 2007
We sell a thousand or two extra tickets for each game in the home stands.No we don't have you seen the empty seats this season?
Of these, another couple of hundred are probably "second clubbers", students or tourists.Most students can't afford the admission fee

The average Amex crowd of 26,000 has a few hundred people in it that are not real Albion fans. Make that a few thousand...I've yet to see a gate of anything over 25k this season, unless you're gullible enough to believe the figures that get announced at the end of the game!

Just off to change my knickers for a dry pair.

See above!

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Right, so you actually don't know WHO sung it, how many of them there were, or what they meant by it? Excellent work. Ban them all, the bellends.

what do you want ,....dna ? ffs ....fans singing other teams praises when they arent even playing ....yeah alright mate ...happens up and down the country every match day lol.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
See above!

Some flaws in your thinking:

We have 23,000+ season ticket holders. around 3000 of which don't bother attending matches

So 3 0f 23 'don't turn up'? What this means is that on average, EACH sth, misses THREE of 23 home games in a season. Doesn't sound so bad, does it? How many will YOU miss, for work / holiday / family reasons?

Around 12k of them probably supported Man U or Chelsea prior to 2007

This is such a ridiculous, bullshit argument. 12 THOUSAND people, with no previous allegiance to the Albion, shell out FIVE HUNDRED pounds a year to watch them? Yep, course they do.

Most students can't afford the admission fee

This entire thread is about the current student offer, which is £15 entry, including a free beer.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

By stating they weren't kids are you saying they weren't students then? You should be more concerned about the fact that 8-10 adults were able to buy student tickets, which is indefensible.
As for happy with it, I don’t really care, there were 600 odd fans at the other end who occasionally sung Sheffield Wednesday songs, that didn’t bother me either. We were all watching the Albion, most of the people in the ground were supporting the Albion team, we were all contributing to the Albion coffers, and who knows, perhaps there were a few future Albion converts too.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
There was some singing Tuesday night at Brighton Station of 'We are top of the league' That could only have been Arsenal fans on the way to pubs to watch their match. Or maybe a few Orient on a mid week seaside day trip.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
@ Super phil "there were 600 odd fans at the other end who occasionally sung Sheffield Wednesday songs," ....youre not really getting it are you . Dunno whether you noticed ARSENAL WERN'T PLAYING!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
@ Super phil "there were 600 odd fans at the other end who occasionally sung Sheffield Wednesday songs," ....youre not really getting it are you . Dunno whether you noticed ARSENAL WERN'T PLAYING!

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with JCLs and in particular - Arsenal. Something you should be telling us ?

Had they actually been doing it, chances are they would have been told to shut up by the stewards and those around them. Im all for getting students to come to games, gets the club money, although it seems someone would rather there were loads more empty seats.....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

It really isn't a big thing, they (the alleged Arsenal fans) probably thought they were being hilarious, is that so unusual of football fans?

I've heard Brighton fans singing England songs, when England weren't playing :shrug:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Maybe we should go back to Withdean, we definitely wouldn't get them any more. Even if they do support another club, that's still £15 into the club. Long may it continue I say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here