Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stuart Pearce and Forset

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I was watching a Premier League review of the late 90's earlier - it reminded me that he was caretaker manager of them for a while back then...he got them relegated.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I said on here a few months ago that i thought Pearce would die on his arse with Forest this season. Though i'm amazed it has transpired so quickly.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Psycho does not seem like a good nic name for someone who is trying to be a responcible, clever football manager.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
I was watching a Premier League review of the late 90's earlier - it reminded me that he was caretaker manager of them for a while back then...he got them relegated.

That's not how I remeber it I thought he took over at Christmas and left in March - they did get relegated but not with Pearce at the helm.

I know I am being pedantic but I do agree that he is a very average manager - at best

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Our draw up there was not a good result, really should have got all three against a team managed by Pearce.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Our draw up there was not a good result, really should have got all three against a team managed by Pearce.

They were top at the time and unbeaten; they haven't won since and have lost 4 (I think). I'd like to think that we started the slide.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
They were top at the time and unbeaten; they haven't won since and have lost 4 (I think). I'd like to think that we started the slide.

I spoke to a few Forest fans up there on the day, they all seemed to think that they'd been very lucky in the games they'd played and were in a false position.
Also the only positive thing they could say about SP was that they preferred him to Billy Davies.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'm not sure that the return of a playing hero to a club is really good idea, this one was always going to end in tears on the basis that he's patently a crap manager. Colin Todd, Roy MacFarland, John Gregory all left their manager's job at Derby with their reputation sullied to some extent. Same with Our Nigel in a sense, emotionally you wanted it to work but management more often than not, ends in failure. Like the high jump really.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thought from the start that this was an appointment with the heart, not the head. Pearce has no real track record to speak of, and it felt like the Forest chairman was simply hoping that a wave of Psycho-related enthusiasm would be enough to sweep the club irresistibly to promotion.

Even when they started well this season I said I'd be interested to see how Pearce copes when they don't win for a few games. We seem to be finding out the answer to that now.

Shame for him if his Forest legend gets tarnished. That said, few people will be disappointed to see the FFP-disregarding club fail in their objectives.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I spoke to a few Forest fans up there on the day, they all seemed to think that they'd been very lucky in the games they'd played and were in a false position.
Also the only positive thing they could say about SP was that they preferred him to Billy Davies.
They WOULD have said that THEN about SP.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As much as our last 3 managerial appointments though? ???

Not sure how that's relevant really, I just meant that giving Pearce that job would be like us appointing Steve Foster or Ian Chapman, someone like that.

Their affection to the guy is blinding them to his possible inadequacies. Poyet/Garcia/ Hyypia weren't appointed for the same reason.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not sure how that's relevant really, I just meant that giving Pearce that job would be like us appointing Steve Foster or Ian Chapman, someone like that.

Their affection to the guy is blinding them to his possible inadequacies. Poyet/Garcia/ Hyypia weren't appointed for the same reason.

Only relevant in that we've not been appointing managers with proven track records - that seemed to be your own starting point. Had Steve or Ian had experience at coaching/managing at ManCity, then with the England team and England U21's - they would have been viable options ahead of Sami wouldn't they?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Thought from the start that this was an appointment with the heart, not the head. Pearce has no real track record to speak of, and it felt like the Forest chairman was simply hoping that a wave of Psycho-related enthusiasm would be enough to sweep the club irresistibly to promotion.

Even when they started well this season I said I'd be interested to see how Pearce copes when they don't win for a few games. We seem to be finding out the answer to that now.

Shame for him if his Forest legend gets tarnished. That said, few people will be disappointed to see the FFP-disregarding club fail in their objectives.

We were both correct. Who'd have funked it? I might have been a few minutes ahead with my prediction but i won't hold that against you :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here