Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stronger Outfit

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Striker required for me. If money's tight, get one in on a short-term loan to cover CMS injury. Better to sign someone on a season-long or permanent tho'. ACM would complete our squad. Job done.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Strikers win you matches and points. We have one very good goalscorer in Ulloa, even if he isn't a particularly good player outside the box. However, we have absolutely nothing else of note. It simply isn't realistic for him to be fit, suspension-free and in form over 46 matches. He will miss games and he will have poor periods. QPR have Johnson, Austin, Hoilett and Zamora, Reading have Le Fondre, Blackman and Pogrebnyak, Wigan have Holt and Fortune, Forest have Mackie, Blackstock, Derbyshire, Tudgay and Cox, and Watford have Deeney, Forrestieri and the new guy Fabbrini. Look at their strength in depth compared to ours. That's where we're just not good enough.

Midfielders also win you matches and points. By your logic, no team playing 4-5-1/4-3-3 variant has ever won anything. We have Barnes, Buckley, Lopez, Kemy, JFC and Orlandi - they can all win us matches and points. Crofts just did 2 days ago.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Striker for me to .
Wouldn't be against a top quality right back either

To answer the question the squad is certainly as strong as last year but the division I think will be tougher. I'd say we are in the mix for any position from 3 rd to 14 th

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just got a feeling that Barnes will be off and we'll have 2 new strikers in by the time the window closes ( at least 1 as a loan ).

Can see another midfielder joining as well, and suspect KLL's days with us are numbered.

Maybe Barker will also go out on loan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When's Bruno due back from injury?

It seems to me he doesn't play more than 3 consecutive games max at the moment without getting an injury that keeps him out for at least another three, or am I imagining this?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ulloa and Upson for the whole season outweighs the loss of Bridge, even without the other new signings taken into account.

yeah, I'll go with this, provided Ward is a half-decent footballer. Andrews certainly seems a good signing on paper as well. I doubt our manager is as good as last years -yet - but maybe he doesn't have to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here