Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stronger or Weaker

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Any potential transfer targets whom saw that match should be asking their agents about the cost of houses and schools in the Brighton area!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Weaker. In terms of names on a piece of paper then, yes, not having Biss, Cucu and Burn in the squad leaves a hole.

But if we get a full season from Caicedo, Lamptey and Welbeck, and a couple of Undav, Mitoma, Colwill and Enciso turn out to be top Prem quality then I don't see why we can't equal or even improve on last season.

I still feel as though we need cover for Welbeck and a left wing back. Pedrosa and Ben DIaz in, offset by a decent fee for Maupay from a hotshy Wolves / Forest / Southampton would be a nice end to the window.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Being stronger or weaker is not just about who we sign or sell we have a fitter Danny Wellbeck, Trossard in the peak of his career, MacAllister with another year or PL experience under his belt, Caicedo ready to set the league alight and a returning Mwepu and fit again Lamptey with a full pre season behind them.

Regardless of the Cucurella sale I think we look strong again this season.

We don’t look any weaker.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
For goalkeepers we the same as last season. For defensive options Cucurella is a big loss, but Estupinan and Colwill mitigate that so i'd say we're fine, probably just as strong. In midfield we have lost Biss but Caicedo playing more and Mac dropping deeper have been fantastic, so similar levels of quality there. For attacking options we have brought in Undav, Mitoma, Sarmiento, and Enciso so we have more choices there. Seems strange to say seeing as we've sold roughly £115m worth of players but we feel equally as strong as last season, maybe stronger. & we could still sign more players!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The true measure will be if we can beat those 5/6 sides who are battling for relegation. If we can find a way to breakdown such sides then we could be stronger

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We've bettered several of the correlating fixtures from last season.
Man Utd +3
West Ham +2
Leeds +2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here