Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stronger or Weaker

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Simple question…

As we travel to face Man Utd on Sunday are we stronger or weaker as a squad when we faced them at The Amex at the end of last season?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Definitely weaker (inc Cuckoo going). But we’ve till the end of the transfer window. And life’s good, the sun is shining and conflict in the Far East is at least 6 weeks away so we’ll get some games in first before WW3 begins…

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Clearly weaker. You don't cash in on players of the calibre of Cucurella and Bissouma without taking a major hit in terms of results unless you are prepared to replace like for like. Which we're not

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Of course we are weaker! But it's how we are in a month's time that counts.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Clearly weaker. You don't cash in on players of the calibre of Cucurella and Bissouma without taking a major hit in terms of results unless you are prepared to replace like for like. Which we're not

Who did Caciedo & Mwepu replace then ? Was forward planning for Bissouma

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Up front we lose Maupay (possibly) but we have a fitter than ever Welbeck with Undav and Mitoma coming in.In the middle we lose Biss but we have Mwepu and Caicedo to cover his loss.At the back we are gonna miss Cucu but GP will alredy have 3 plans to cover that ,maybe even Colwill will be thrown straight in, so i would say swings and roundabouts,were still gonna beat em:bhasign::thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Trouble is neither of them is anywhere near as good

Yet… Bissouma was pretty poor for the first 2 seasons, both of the above showing way more promise

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah definitely weaker, but if Undav/Enciso/Sarmiento/Mitoma are any good, we will have strengthened in a previously weak area.

Not sure whether the current position is 1 step forward and 2 back or 2 Forward and 1 back. time will tell which.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Being stronger or weaker is not just about who we sign or sell we have a fitter Danny Wellbeck, Trossard in the peak of his career, MacAllister with another year or PL experience under his belt, Caicedo ready to set the league alight and a returning Mwepu and fit again Lamptey with a full pre season behind them.

Regardless of the Cucurella sale I think we look strong again this season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Up front we lose Maupay (possibly) but we have a fitter than ever Welbeck with Undav and Mitoma coming in.In the middle we lose Biss but we have Mwepu and Caicedo to cover his loss.At the back we are gonna miss Cucu but GP will alredy have 3 plans to cover that ,maybe even Colwill will be thrown straight in, so i would say swings and roundabouts,were still gonna beat em:bhasign::thumbsup:

This for me, plus GP having had several weeks to decide what he’s doing without Biss and probably Cucu as well. Colwill a very decent stop-gap (at no real cost it seems) and we have other options in terms of personnel and formation to cope on the left. Stronger going forward, par in the middle and maybe a bit weaker at the back perhaps but overall in a good place, even without any more activity this window.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

You are one depressing poster!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Weaker until we get a decent left back as a minimum.

Just under 4 weeks to sort it out.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Look weaker atm.. But, we need to give the newbies a chance to show what they are made of.
Maybe we are in for a surprise or three... We also might have a couple of pounds to invest in new players now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here