Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

striker

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I see what you mean but Hoskins seems the similar player and was good in league 1. I can't see CMS leaving.

Hoskins is similar to who? Not Rhodes, he is 6'2" and Hoskins only 5'9". Gus says he wants some height. If anything, Hoskins and CMS are similar in that they are both not target men.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Am I the only person who thinks Jordan Rhodes is a gamble at 5 mil? He was outstanding last season in league 1, but so was CMS the season before and look what his 1st season in the championship was like. DOn't get me wron if he signs I will be happy as everyone else, but I don't think if he does sign we can guarantee promotion.

Two words

Jermaine Beckford

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Inside information, the next two positions we seek to fill are centre mid and striker, but we are nowhere near finding the right person or reaching a deal, it could be some time so relax.......

Really? I'd heard from a source, via the horse's (Paul Barber) mouth, that deals were done. Just waiting to be announced.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
ok - well we will see. i think they are unlikely to give naylor a complete bum steer but time will tell.

Naylor may just have read Paul's twitter feed for all we know. I don't recall them telling him CMS had signed while he was tweeting that he was off to WHU or Leicester either iaf.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Naylor may just have read Paul's twitter feed for all we know. I don't recall them telling him CMS had signed while he was tweeting that he was off to WHU or Leicester either iaf.

I think he was on holiday at the time?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I think he was on holiday at the time?

Oddly enough it was exactly the same as now! CMS signed the day (or day before) AN returned from holiday. He was obviously catching up and said CMS was going to Leicester or WHU when he had already signed for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here