Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker suggestions- realistic

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
John Guidetti on loan

:ohmy: Can you IMAGINE? He did serious damage in Holland last season, he is deffinitely ready for first team football. He might not be the Cyclone, but he'll put the ball in the back of net and considering our problem is taking chances rather than creating them.... Boom.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I love the irony of the OP starting a thread on 'realistic' strikers with a suggestion of his own which is completely unrealistic.

So a striker who is about 5th in the pecking order at West Ham, proven at Championship level, not out of our price range is unrealistic?
Could you tell me how he is an unrealistic suggestion? He'll want to be playing first team football.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I would be surprised if we got any striker in before the end of January whether as a permanent signing or on loan. Sadly, our track record in this area is not at all good. I hope, however, that I'm wrong.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
:ohmy: Can you IMAGINE? He did serious damage in Holland last season, he is deffinitely ready for first team football. He might not be the Cyclone, but he'll put the ball in the back of net and considering our problem is taking chances rather than creating them.... Boom.

It's probably an unrealistic transfer target but you never know. Apparently Villa are interested in loaning him but that might be paper talk.

All I know is that he is considered to have the potential to be the next Zlatan (in terms of talent rather than attitude) and that is FLAIR

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He MUST go to the championship this season, surely.

Very good player who has just fallen out of favour there.

And would not break the bank or our wage structure importnatly. Also if I am right is used to playing that lone role up front we employ. Puts a good shift in too whenever I have seen him play. And is a decent age.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Christian Stuani.

You heard it here first (ish :lolol: ).

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So a striker who is about 5th in the pecking order at West Ham, proven at Championship level, not out of our price range is unrealistic?
Could you tell me how he is an unrealistic suggestion? He'll want to be playing first team football.

Andy Carroll is injured.
Maiga hasn't settled as admitted by allardyce. He may be moved on.
So that only leaves Carlton Cole in front of Vaz Te with Chamakh joining this week. Vaz Te began this season in their first team before being injured. He is now back and played against United in their full strength team available.

So no. He's not 5th. He's 2nd or 3rd at a premier league team.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

5th choice in that he has started the last two games and come on as sub in the three before ?

Limited appearances this season due to injury not because wasnt selected

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Andy Carroll is injured.
Maiga hasn't settled as admitted by allardyce. He may be moved on.
So that only leaves Carlton Cole in front of Vaz Te with Chamakh joining this week. Vaz Te began this season in their first team before being injured. He is now back and played against United in their full strength team available.

So no. He's not 5th. He's 2nd or 3rd at a premier league team.

Without Carroll then, he still has Cole, Chamakh and Maiga all ahead of him, and knowing WH, another striker will be on his way in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I mentioned Guidetti before but somebody said he'd had a fairly long term injury. Of the ones mentioned, only Morison seems vaguely realistic to me (many of the others are quite poor-Simeon Jackson seems to be the Norwich fans' very own Ashley Barnes, ie the constant target).

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here