Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker Needed

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can't believe anyone is backing-up COG: clearly not good enough for a team allegedly pushing for top 6. Likewise Colunga.

Agree, And with the wedge those two are taking that would pay the wages of a 20 goal a season striker.

Burkes legacy lives on.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Some worrying signs about out forward options and their goal scoring ratios so far this season. Badly needs addressing but think it will cost a lot

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
We may have one (or more).

All we know from tonight is that one of our strikers cannot score playing as a loan striker, especially when playing in front of a midfield that wouldn't recognise a forward - let alone a defence-splitting - pass if it jumped up and bit them.
Thank goodness our first team is better - just a pity more of them weren't playing tonight. Big tactical error that.

Agreed, Baldock on good form could get 20 IMO... but I wouldn't want to pin all our hopes on him.

What I meant was that if we want to go up, we need a 20 goal striker, because our midfield based on the past few seasons, will not get the goals we need. Oh, and also to state that pinning our hopes on Harper and Zamora is a little bit optimistic.

If we got somebody like Vydra, I think we'd have every right to think we could get in that top 6. At the moment I'd think our lack of goals will cost us.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dear Bozza... please spill the beans re Vydra or another striker... time is running out... thank you... B.W.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The red tops are saying Reading are favourites to sign Vydra which makes sense as he wouldnt have to move the family probablyand they must pay the wages because they seem to get everybudy they chase.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
The red tops are saying Reading are favourites to sign Vydra which makes sense as he wouldnt have to move the family probablyand they must pay the wages because they seem to get everybudy they chase.

I'm sure most clubs would pay the wages. I doubt Watford's wage bill was much different to ours last year.

It's probably the fact Vydra knows Steve Clarke. Then again, they've had a poor start to the season and won't be near the top 6 IMO

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Agreed, Baldock on good form could get 20 IMO... but I wouldn't want to pin all our hopes on him.

What I meant was that if we want to go up, we need a 20 goal striker, because our midfield based on the past few seasons, will not get the goals we need. Oh, and also to state that pinning our hopes on Harper and Zamora is a little bit optimistic.

If we got somebody like Vydra, I think we'd have every right to think we could get in that top 6. At the moment I'd think our lack of goals will cost us.

I agree with everything you say there, except the bit about Baldock.
I never believed he would ever be a 20 goals a season man in this division when we signed him, and nothing I've seen subsequently has changed my mind. I'd love him to come good and would gladly eat humble pie if he does, but I'm not holding my breath.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Tried to click on that highlight and it was refused saying a threat has been detected. What does it say other than the obious we are favourites to land him?

Brighton and Hove Albion have emerged as the new leaders in the race to sign Watford striker Matej Vydra on a season-long loan, a club [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] from Brighton has confirmed to Football League World.

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/br...hunt-for-watford-striker/#KmSs4ObesdykcHF3.99

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Even with Hemed, Baldock and Zamora we desperately need a proven goalscorer IMO.

We just seem to lack the clinical finisher in the final third, something that will be pivotal if we are to have a good season.

Whilst I do concur with what you have written here, I feel that we need to create more opportunities than we have done in the first few games of the season. Whilst there is
much enthusiasm for KLL, his delivery for a winger is still poor and our strikers have had very few chances both running onto the ball and receiving good service in the box.

Its still similar to last season in the respect of creating the opportunity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here