Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Striker Needed

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hard to argue with. A third season of hardly scoring or shooting is going to be difficult to stomach. But this is about finding two or three new attacking players not just one.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Let's not panic too early... We have Bobby Z and Harper to come in and on top of that we will be signing another 1st team striker.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Vydra
Zamora
Hemed
Baldock
Hambo

would be pretty decent.

Make sure you get him, Tony.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In which case he is a monumental bellend and we dodged a bullet.
He might be a bellend, but he could have scored us plenty of goals, and could either help get us promoted, or could have been sold for a tidy profit. It was a mistake to not offer him enough.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's a name from the past

He must be getting on now.

Not sure but he ws Fulham Youth team manager in 1977 so I would assume he was in his 30s then which makes him mid to late 70s. He bumped into a fiend of my sons a couple of months ago in Wetherspoons in Epsom my name came up in conversation as being a Brighton fan and father of his mate and Ken asked him to remember him to me and sent his good wishes.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Let's not panic too early... We have Bobby Z and Harper to come in and on top of that we will be signing another 1st team striker.

Harper has never (from what I can find), played a league game at any level above U19's in Spain - although i'm happy to be proved wrong.

Zamora won't be fit to start every week, and I assume will mostly be an impact player as a result.

We desperately need a striker, as none of the existing players will get us 20 goals. We're running out of time.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We desperately need a striker, as none of the existing players will get us 20 goals. We're running out of time.
We may have one (or more).

All we know from tonight is that one of our strikers cannot score playing as a loan striker, especially when playing in front of a midfield that wouldn't recognise a forward - let alone a defence-splitting - pass if it jumped up and bit them.
Thank goodness our first team is better - just a pity more of them weren't playing tonight. Big tactical error that.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'm praying for BZ to have an Indian summer and not just be signed for shirt sales alone.
I think we would appeal to Vydra, as he would be looking to get into the Premiership as soon as possible, although our league position probably belies our actual ability.
That said, I would take 46 scrappy 1 - 0 wins this season.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Vydra would be a superb signing. So pacey it's frightening and knows exactly where the goal is.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I can't believe anyone is backing-up COG: clearly not good enough for a team allegedly pushing for top 6. Likewise Colunga.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here