Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strength of the Championship this year

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Can't remember where I read it - it could've been here - but if QPR get promoted this year, then the championship clubs that conform to FFP are in for a big pay pay day (a few million each) due to FFP fines and re-distribution of 2nd season parachute payments.

Is that just QPR going up or does that include Reading and Wigan?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I think we mean arguably gone backwards: it's by no means certain that we're worse off by changing manager. For example, four of the clubs you mention as having a better chance this season have all changed their manager relatively recently. Changing a manager, per se, doesn't make a team worse, it's only if you replace him with something worse - and no-one can say that Oscar is worse then Gus on the strength of one game.

How can 3-4 clubs look certs for relegation? Surely only three clubs can be certs? I think it's broader than that too. I reckon Yeovil, Millwall, Barnsley, Huddersfield, Wednesday and possibly Middlesbrough will all be candidates for the drop.

I meant a few clubs look iffy. The Championship could be broken down into 4 groups.

This is how I see it.

Promotion (automatic) any of:

Wigan
QPR
Leicester
Forest
Watford
Reading

Play Off ambition
Brighton
Leeds
Derby