Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strangest place you've seen an Albion player

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Bobby Z in burger king north street one new years eve, after declaring my love for the bloke I then proceeded to vomit on the floor next to him.
More recently saw Orlandi in the meat aisle in sainsbury West Hove before Xmas. A friend of mine saw Vicente in Tesco milk aisle last week.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Met 'Chippy' Carpenter at Brixton Academy watching the Happy Mondays over an Easter weekend in 2004 from memory.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I didn't personally see it but Steve Foster, or maybe it was Teddy Maybank taking a leak into the pot plants in Coral's squash club is quite a strange thing to see from a professional footballer do..or maybe not. I was a member there then and heard about it the next day.

That was Foster.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I didn't personally see it but Steve Foster, or maybe it was Teddy Maybank taking a leak into the pot plants in Coral's squash club is quite a strange thing to see from a professional footballer do..or maybe not. I was a member there then and heard about it the next day.

Foster used to live near there (possibly still does).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Leaving that tale untold is criminal :rant:

Very very early 00s, I went out drinking and clubbing with one of the players and he ended up crashing at my flat in London in my bed with me in it.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Alan Biley and Steve Gatting trying to do doughnuts in a white vauxhall astra gte in a car park in Telscombe. Must have been around 1985

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Jack Bertolini - working for Endeavour Motors (in the 80's)
John Napier - having his hair cut in Kensington Gardens (1968 ish)
Steve Foster and Jimmy Case - Brett's Snooker Club in Hove (1984 ish)
Jimmy Case - The King and Queen Pub, pissed and playing pool badly (cant remember the year)
Michael Robinson - Boulters Lock Inn, Maidenhead (sometime in the 80's) looking fit and tanned in a Blue Adidas trackie and open sandals. I always remember thinking how awful and painful looking his toenails were.....

My Mum also has a picture of her at a party dancing with Jimmy Collins in the 60's

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Forgot that the local Vicar who recently passed away, Cannon Peters used to play for the Albion! So the weirdest place I've seen an Albion player is one that conducted my sisters wedding!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
David Gipp and Trevor Wood running down The Drive dressed as Batman and Robin - on their way to the players' Christmas do.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Met Nicky Forster at Depeche Mode gig at Royal Albert Hall, a few days after he got moved on. Wasn't a happy bunny.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Met Nicky Forster at Depeche Mode gig at Royal Albert Hall, a few days after he got moved on. Wasn't a happy bunny.

Cue some pedant to write that he wasn't an Albion player then.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
No one that interesting but I shall keep it to myself. And those that know, please keep it quiet on here.

Ach come on, it can't have been that bad: we are talking about a footballer after all. The fact that he (presumably) didn't rape anyone, beat anyone up, or drink drive you both back to your place makes him an absolute saint compared to a few of them.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I saw a pair of Albion players from the early/mid 90s in a chippy on West St.

Hardly that strange a place but it was the other bloke they were with that was strange. Psychotic eyes and was talking to them about cutting people with a pair of razor blades rather than one.

The look on the face of one of the players made it clear that the nutter wasn't a mate.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I served Ankergren at a coffee shop in Burgess Hill last year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here