Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange little Amex habits?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
As an 'exile' having to ration my visits to The Amex each season I can only envy you regulars. It is still such a precious experience to visit The Amex that I get a real buzz just turning the corner as I come off the platform at Falmer station and get my first sighting of the stadium. So many thoughts flood through my mind - from my first match at the Goldstone in '66 and the rollercoaster of emotions following the Albion since then. Mainly that surreal feeling that the Amex is 'our home' and needs to be savoured.

The second best sensation is when I walk from the concourse out into the stand and see the pitch and stadium interior revealed in all their glory. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that.

The feelgood factor is always helped by a couple of pints of Harveys, fabulous.

I know we have a moan on here from time to time but shouldn't take for granted that we are watching football at the top end of the Championship and are fighting to get into the Premier League, so not too shabby either.

I am lucky---three short stops on the No 25 or a twenty minute walk and I share your emotions.
:albion2:
I just need a lot more Guinness to get that feel good factor this season:drink:

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I always arrive 2 hours early - Moonwalk around the entire stadium occasionally giving it the 'whose bad' to passers by, then while silently gliding backwards past the away end let out a 'YEE HEE' or a 'SHAMONE'.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I always arrive 2 hours early - Moonwalk around the entire stadium occasionally giving it the 'whose bad' to passers by, then while silently gliding backwards past the away end let out a 'YEE HEE' or a 'SHAMONE'.

Perfect!!!!

Having given up my ST last season, my trips are somewhat restricted. However, my routine was to get the 700 from Worthing to Shoreham, 3 pints in the Buckingham, then onto the train at about half 1, over to the ground, another pint and a pie, before shambling into my seat a little "tired and confused". Pint at HT, maybe another at FT if there wasn't a scrum, and usually the train back home after.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I like taking a dump in the away dressing room floor just before matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here