Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strange little Amex habits?

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Too many to list.

Strangest one is basing my assumptions about the quality of the opposition on the quality of their coach, that's their transportation rather than their management!:moo:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Strangest one is basing my assumptions about the quality of the opposition on the quality of their coach, that's their transportation rather than their management!:moo:
There's flawed logic in that, which will catch you out: The bigger Nothern clubs that can afford to do so, will FLY down, and hire a rubbish 'standard' coach for the short local bit.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Are you there tomorrow night [MENTION=12196]tinycowboy[/MENTION] ?

Could do with some of that Indiepop Three-goal magic.

Sadly not - last home game of the season too :down: Was going when it was on the Saturday, but can't make Friday evening. Also kicking myself that I didn't bring that Camera Obscura CD on Monday......

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have a pie before the game, then another one during, and sometimes another one after.

It's strange little habit that I'd rather kick, but this addiction is only punctured by the WSU catering team running out during peak periods, which is not an uncommon happening, or the Vegetarian option being the only one available. Yuck.

My other half likes the pies too, but doesn't attend. So I have taken one home before. If only you knew how hard it is to travel home without eating said delicacy on the way, and claiming they had sold out...

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
That video is 1 hour 50 minutes long. Surely I could be abducted 3 or 4 times in that space of time and still have enough time at the end for a shower and then a cup of tea.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
There's flawed logic in that, which will catch you out: The bigger Nothern clubs that can afford to do so, will FLY down, and hire a rubbish 'standard' coach for the short local bit.

Ah, but you can normally spot those because they have a club logo embossed transit van for their kit parked behind the coach, so in that instance all bets are off.

Also cleanliness comes into it. Charlton's coach had muddy wheels so we knew they were in trouble!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Always the same jeans, getting old with holes so looking forward to next season. Walk down the central stairs of the right hand set from park & ride bus. Pie & Pint (Harveys).
I take the blame for Mondays result as I missed the pint.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Is this strange? Dicks - 12.30am if not earlier :eek:
Stagger up to the North End Disabled---East Upper at 2.45 and take it all in:albion2::albion2::rave::rave:
Then fall into my seat and pretend I know what's going on for the next 96minutes:drink:
This will be punctuated by outbursts of foul & ABUSIVE language aimed at the whole team------that welsh bloke---------------OSCAR(do something for fecks sake) and finally at the normally BALD blokes in black who are meant to be in charge of the whole SHAMBLES:moo:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Is this strange? Dicks - 12.30am if not earlier :eek:
Stagger up to the North End Disabled---East Upper at 2.45 and take it all in:albion2::albion2::rave::rave:
Then fall into my seat and pretend I know what's going on for the next 96minutes:drink:
This will be punctuated by outbursts of foul & ABUSIVE language aimed at the whole team------that welsh bloke---------------OSCAR(do something for fecks sake) and finally at the normally BALD blokes in black who are meant to be in charge of the whole SHAMBLES:moo:
:lolol:sounds about right!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Been to every home at the Amex but never seen the kick off,
I assume the comentary stuff you all speak of is on the screen before kick off?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
As an 'exile' having to ration my visits to The Amex each season I can only envy you regulars. It is still such a precious experience to visit The Amex that I get a real buzz just turning the corner as I come off the platform at Falmer station and get my first sighting of the stadium. So many thoughts flood through my mind - from my first match at the Goldstone in '66 and the rollercoaster of emotions following the Albion since then. Mainly that surreal feeling that the Amex is 'our home' and needs to be savoured.

The second best sensation is when I walk from the concourse out into the stand and see the pitch and stadium interior revealed in all their glory. I don't think I'll ever get tired of that.

The feelgood factor is always helped by a couple of pints of Harveys, fabulous.

I know we have a moan on here from time to time but shouldn't take for granted that we are watching football at the top end of the Championship and are fighting to get into the Premier League, so not too shabby either.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
As soon as I get to the stadium I go and get myself a chicken pie, twix and a coke and eat that up then at 14.45 go for a pre-maTch wee.
That's if it is a 1500 kick off

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I always GOOSE [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] in the train QUEUE afterwards if we WIN

Fortunately we have not won so many games this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here