[Football] Straight red cards - 2023/2024 season

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The slimmest of pickings this weekend, with just a single solitary straight red across all four divisions. A certain player is determined to make a name for himself.

Early thread legend Harry Smith is already staking a claim for all the plaudits, come the end of season awards. I direct your attention to post #1, where Mr. Smith put on an exemplary display of world class shithousery. I quote;

Our main man is back for the second week running. The Sutton United target man has outdone himself, earning a straight red card after just 13 minutes for violent conduct. The Sutton United thug’s actions were sadly missed by the camera, with the action starting at 0:00 on the clock. The action takes place on the right side of the screen.

Further investigation reveals that Smith was dismissed for a “foolhardy stamp” (PA Media/BBC Sport) which was spotted by the fourth official. Sutton United’s website describing the incident as a “clash off the ball” and Barrow’s an “off the ball altercation”.

A polite reminder to Harry, firstly thank you for your efforts so far. But could you please make sure your next act of complete twattery is caught on camera?

Don’t want to derail the thread but I didn’t think the 4th official could do this (unless it’s Vincelot for us against Burnley) it rarely happens. I guess they can. Odd though.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Don’t want to derail the thread but I didn’t think the 4th official could do this (unless it’s Vincelot for us against Burnley) it rarely happens. I guess they can. Odd though.
He absolutely can. They just usually don’t because of the ramifications of getting involved when the three officials on field have missed it. It doesn’t happen often!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just the one midweek straight red, a rather generic 50th minute professional foul from Dan Happe, as Leyton Orient went on to lose 3-2 away to Wycombe Wanderers.

From 44secs.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
How much of a meal did his opponent Christie make of it?
How many rolls?
Did he cover his face?
Is he still alive?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports