Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Storm Ciara

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Looking forward to landing at Heathrow tomorrow morning [emoji33][emoji33][emoji15][emoji15]

Looking forward to taking off from Heathrow tomorrow morning. I notice though that other websites like Weather.com and Weather Underground have forecasts which are not as extreme as the Met Office.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
I work as an Air Traffic Controller at Farnborough. Our MET forecast is peak gusts up to 56kts tomorrow lunchtime onwards, picking up around 10am with 40kts gusts. Heathrow and Gatwick will be similar. The wind is forecast from the SSW so not ideal for Heathrow runway 27 as there will be a significant cross wind.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I'm waiting for the greenhouse to disappear over the hedge (again).

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I work as an Air Traffic Controller at Farnborough. Our MET forecast is peak gusts up to 56kts tomorrow lunchtime onwards, picking up around 10am with 40kts gusts. Heathrow and Gatwick will be similar. The wind is forecast from the SSW so not ideal for Heathrow runway 27 as there will be a significant cross wind.
Many thanks [emoji23][emoji23]

Due to land at 04:55, so hopefully ahead of the worst of it.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Wife has a friend in Glasgow for the weekend and is flying back tomorrow. She should land in Gatwick about 5 mins after take off, I’d have thought. Nice and quick.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Looking forward to taking off from Heathrow tomorrow morning. I notice though that other websites like Weather.com and Weather Underground have forecasts which are not as extreme as the Met Office.

Your be all right it's the coast that will be hit

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton

Departing unlikely to be affected, will only be an issue if your aircraft is due to come in from somewhere else and cant land

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Southern, Thameslink and Gatwick Express have issued a Do Not Travel notice for tomorrow.

Network Rail implementing a blanket 50mph speed restriction over most of the area to reduce the risk of a 90mph+ impact into a tree or most likely a trampoline. Thameslink running a reduced service North of St. Pancras, Gatwick Express running half hourly calling additionally at Clapham and East Croydon. Reduced service between Eastbourne and Bexhill and they're worried the already planned replacement bus service between Bexhill and Ashford could be affected.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here