Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Storm Ciara

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
There was a guy on a phone in to the Jeremy Vine show this lunchtime who bragged that he went surfing in, I think Weston Super Mare over the weekend. He said it was like being in a washing machine. It makes you wonder about some people's state of mind

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
What sort of idiot puts themselves and others at risk by surfing in a storm?
Incredible footage of the Hastings lifeboat:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-en...ciara-hastings-lifeboat-battles-through-waves
"The surfer was later found conscious by rescuers about six miles away from where he entered the water." :mad:
If that surfer doesn't spend the rest of his life fund raising for the RNLI at every conceivable moment then they should hang their head in shame.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
There was a guy on a phone in to the Jeremy Vine show this lunchtime who bragged that he went surfing in, I think Weston Super Mare over the weekend. He said it was like being in a washing machine. It makes you wonder about some people's state of mind

My Brother-in-Law is a Helmsman for the Burnham-on-Sea RNLI just a couple of miles further down the coast from WestonSM.

Every time we hear that he's been out on a rescue in treacherous conditions it really drives it home how he and his colleagues put their lives on the line, especially when idiots such as this think that they're invincible.

Remember, the RNLI is a voluntary organisation. Don't make them pay for their rescue, make them join RNLI crews for a period of time so that they gain a better appreciation of the dangers they put themselves and their rescuers to.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
What sort of idiot puts themselves and others at risk by surfing in a storm?
Incredible footage of the Hastings lifeboat:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-en...ciara-hastings-lifeboat-battles-through-waves
"The surfer was later found conscious by rescuers about six miles away from where he entered the water." :mad:

I’m guessing, so most likely wrong, but I would think that whether or not there is a local lifeboat never enters the mind of these people and dicing with death is how they get their thrills.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here