Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop riding mobility scooters around supermarkets!!!!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
If you have a small child the last thing you want is to have to trek across a dangerous carpark with them, especially if you have shopping or a trolley to carry as well. You don't want to risk getting run over by some nutter who can't see a small person by your side.
I agree, however that nutter tends to be in the supermarket these days on a scooter. It happened in the supermarket last week.
On a serious note, nobody is saying that we should do away with blue badges.( just have a witch hunt) We just want it policed better,unfortunately not everyone is honest, and the system is abused. I am sure the people who have blue badges on here would not like to see people parking in the disabled bays dishonestly.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I know someone who was given a blue badge even though he only has a slight limp. He takes full advantage of the fact that he can park pretty much anywhere in central London, which is useful after a night's clubbing. Maybe he should be made to drive a mobility vehicle rather than his fancy sports car.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I know someone who was given a blue badge even though he only has a slight limp. He takes full advantage of the fact that he can park pretty much anywhere in central London, which is useful after a night's clubbing. Maybe he should be made to drive a mobility vehicle rather than his fancy sports car.
The blue badge is not legal in the City of Westminster...you cannot use them there as the City have their own badge system,you cannot park on bus stops, on yellow lines which have two short lines over the kerb, in residents bays,loading bays, anywhere that causes an obstruction.ie. a corner......even disabled bays that have the word disabled outside the bays...only in disabled bays that have the wheelchair symbol inside the bay.
The ones with the word disabled outside are for that resident only. Those are the rules....whether they are kept is another matter.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Being disabled is a bitch, I was 31 when it started and it's no bloody fun, and having people stare at you when you use the badge and at time even tut because I don't have an outward sign of heart trouble is no help at all. Of course there are people using the badge incorrectly but please, please don't assume that someone should not be using it because they don't have a chair, a stick or a bandage.
I hate using the badge because it makes me stand out as something different but I honestly have no choice.

I couldn't agree more. My illness started around the age of 34, I was a very active person. I walked 14 miles everyday for my job, and it hits you very hard when you can no longer work or play football with your kids, or go down onto the beach with them etc etc. Disability comes in all shapes and sizes, people do look funny at you if you have no sign of being disabled from the outside. It is ignorance. But as you say about your blue badge, I used to feel the same about being on my mobility scooter, now I just say fcuk them. If they can't deal with it, it's their problem not mine.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I couldn't agree more. My illness started around the age of 34, I was a very active person. I walked 14 miles everyday for my job, and it hits you very hard when you can no longer work or play football with your kids, or go down onto the beach with them etc etc. Disability comes in all shapes and sizes, people do look funny at you if you have no sign of being disabled from the outside. It is ignorance. But as you say about your blue badge, I used to feel the same about being on my mobility scooter, now I just say fcuk them. If they can't deal with it, it's their problem not mine.

Indeed, mrs was diagnosed at 21. She has been verbally abused in the street and at our sons school with several parents openly saying to her that she's not disabled at all. She would love to be able to work and have the independance back that she's lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here