Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stop riding mobility scooters around supermarkets!!!!

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
This one will be 10+ pages, at least 2 infractions, possible banning, time to get the kettle on and pull up a chair methinks.........good old Thursday afternoon viewing....can't beat it :lol:
Just made a cup of tea...

Shirley, this is more to do with just having a bit of consideration for those around you - whether it's someone on a scooter, or with a pushchair, or a nutter with a death wish & a full trolley... just be aware of people around you and there shouldn't be a problem.

So, why do so many people go around a supermarket in their own little world, oblivious to those around them?... and what's with all these abandoned trolleys blocking the isles whilst their owners wander off somewhere in a shopping induced trance?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Best not to start about all those people with Blue badges, I do see some people with these who need them, however on the whole they seem able bodied. Maybe supermarkets should have a scooter lane or drive throughs

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It's worse at theme park perfectly able people use mobility scooters to get around then they get to the ride they get jumped to the front and then they get up and walk to their seat on the ride this happens mainly at Disneyland in Florida

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Best not to start about all those people with Blue badges, I do see some people with these who need them, however on the whole they seem able bodied. Maybe supermarkets should have a scooter lane or drive throughs

You would be surprised how many people need those badges but look totally healthy at first glance, wait until they have walked the length of the car park and can't breath, don't judge all on appearance

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
of course the opposite of this are all the "disabled people" who rockup in their plastic kit Corsas to get the their nutritious KFC and use up all the disabled bays....

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You would be surprised how many people need those badges but look totally healthy at first glance, wait until they have walked the length of the car park and can't breath, don't judge all on appearance

Correct. Some of the comments I get as I park in a disabled bay are quality "you don't look disabled" my reply "I'm not", then I get mrs wheelchair out if the boot and then get mrs out of the car :lol:

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
It's a comedy reply to the ban cyclists on Ditchling beacon.

And its a great reply at that. And as someone else said its the walkers that are the problem. Or more specifically the ones that were walking and just stop. Right in front of you. And stay there. For ages.

They are probably trying to remember where they left their bike so they can cycle up Ditchling Beacon and piss off everyone in a car. Whos paid for the road (road that is NOT cycle path.................)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And its a great reply at that. And as someone else said its the walkers that are the problem. Or more specifically the ones that were walking and just stop. Right in front of you. And stay there. For ages.

The ones who meet their neighbours/mates when shopping and stand in the middle of the aisle with their trolleys at an adjacent angle having a gossip are the ones that bug me.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
of course the opposite of this are all the "disabled people" who rockup in their plastic kit Corsas to get the their nutritious KFC and use up all the disabled bays....

Whilst i actually agree with you......so how would you, or the government etc etc, stop the piss takers?

Whilst i actually agree with you......so how would you, or the government etc etc, stop the piss takers?

Make them realise they aren't disabled by putting them on a compulsory fitness regime that includes riding a bike up the Beacon every day for a year.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I am sorry to say a vast amount of people do not need them and abuse them.Its funny I never see people in tescos hanging over the fruit and veg struggling to breath. My view is that people who use wheel chairs and other walking aids need to have blue badges. those that get out of their car and run( and yes when its raining they move) should not have them. My wife gets out of breath walking 20 yards, maybe thats because she smokes 20 a day and is a lazy cow. I think most people know that the system is abused. I know of 3 people who have them and will admit they do not need them, then there is the people who have them for an elderly parent( who does need it), and will use them when they are not in the car.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I am sorry to say a vast amount of people do not need them and abuse them.Its funny I never see people in tescos hanging over the fruit and veg struggling to breath. My view is that people who use wheel chairs and other walking aids need to have blue badges. those that get out of their car and run( and yes when its raining they move) should not have them. My wife gets out of breath walking 20 yards, maybe thats because she smokes 20 a day and is a lazy cow. I think most people know that the system is abused. I know of 3 people who have them and will admit they do not need them, then there is the people who have them for an elderly parent( who does need it), and will use them when they are not in the car.

So my heart failure does not mean I need a badge because I don't have a wheelchair or a stick, even though I will need a new heart in the future I'm not disabled in your book, cheers. You should try jumping through the hoops you have to, to get one if those badges

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
By listening to disabled people (who are, of course, the biggest victims of losing parking spaces to people who don't need them).

Stop Blue Badge Abuse

People can listen all day long, it does not stop the arseholes who keep using the spaces provided for the disabled, also people using disabled badges / stickers in the car windows who have obtained them by wrong means are also on the rise, sadly like many things when the odd person is caught, the punishment is not enough to deter people abusing the systems.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005

I have to say i do agree with a large part of the above post (I do also see where Martyn20 is coming from) but the systems are well abused by many sadly which in turn makes it harder for the genuine ones.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
So my heart failure does not mean I need a badge because I don't have a wheelchair or a stick, even though I will need a new heart in the future I'm not disabled in your book, cheers. You should try jumping through the hoops you have to, to get one if those badges
You always get one.
The point being made is that: There are people with real need, and I am not saying they should not have them. What I am saying, is there is a lot of people who have them and do not require them.The system is being abused and the people that suffer are the ones in most need. One more point, you may have to jump through hoops to get one, however if you want to abuse the system, search the internet they will give you an idea how to fool a doctor. Have you seen the TV programmes where people claim Disability or that they are unfit to work. I remember the old man a few years ago break dancing on BGT and claiming disability.
Please do not tell me that everyone who parks in a disabled bay has a real need to.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here