Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stooooooooooooorrreeeeeeeer... ....!!!!!!!!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
The Storer goal, and the Virgo header (Swindon) are the two goals that I still watch today that make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

I wasn't even a fan at the time of the Storer goal (hadn't dragged my dad along at that point yet), but still, it's importance is FAR more than any other goal in that montage IMO.

Also think the Colin Hawkins or Adam Hinshelwoods own goals should be included, both for comedy value, and to make those b*llends complaining about a lack of signings realise just how far we've come.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
For comparison, this is an old version

[yt]0iPZxIG087k[/yt]

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
really need to get the stooooooorer bit back at the end, it really does get me going every time!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Storerrrrrrr definitely needs to be at the end. The last goal was Ulloa's diving header against Arsenal I think, great goal but hardly the same as Storer!

You said "Not at the end of the montage anymore"

bit like stay the Goldstone Ground is not at the end of Hove Park anymore"

:shrug:

OK, I should have said it's at the beginning not at the end anymore.

IMHO it should be the last thing on the montage.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
To any editor It's pretty obvious it's just had all the Poyet seasons ripped out of it (apart from the Amex opening) by extending every old footage and the template lies there waiting to be filled up with the new season joys (when they arrive).

Worth moaning about? Not really.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
To any editor It's pretty obvious it's just had all the Poyet seasons ripped out of it (apart from the Amex opening) by extending every old footage and the template lies there waiting to be filled up with the new season joys (when they arrive).

Worth moaning about? Not really.

The goal from Poyet's first game is still in there and the Ulloa goal. They've done very well if they wanted to rip Gus out of it.
Personally compared to most things people complain about on this board it's worth a moan. It's a genuinely affecting thing to get people going before the match. Instead we've got now ' yeah it's a goal we scored in a game that we lost that didn't mean anything, woop'

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
OK, I should have said it's at the beginning not at the end anymore.

IMHO it should be the last thing on the montage.

I do agree, it should build up from the start to finish, and I still thing the full "Its the stuff of dream its the stuff of champions" should be used

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I agree with all of this. Should definitely end on Stooooooooorer.

Build up all round on Saturday was very low key.

I still miss Gully's Girls.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'll join the campaign for Storer at the end. Almost missed it being at the start, plus couldn't really hear the commentary - maybe they could make it a bit louder? No better way to feel ready for the match.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I'll join the campaign for Storer at the end. Almost missed it being at the start, plus couldn't really hear the commentary - maybe they could make it a bit louder? No better way to feel ready for the match.

They've probably put it at the beginning to make a different kind of impact while they're getting new footage in. There should be three or four edits on the go. If it isn't at the end within a month or so I'll be surprised.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
They've probably put it at the beginning to make a different kind of impact while they're getting new footage in. There should be three or four edits on the go. If it isn't at the end within a month or so I'll be surprised.

Let's hope so - or the "Barber out" movement will surely gain some grassroots traction.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
It did feel disjointed and the fan zone music seemed to stop short, intentional or not I don't know, certainly didn't have the same feel in the build up to kick off.

Agree with this. I know a lot don't like the pre-match build up, but I do. Still a kid at heart probably.

Anyway thought Saturday was disjointed, agree fan zone itself seemed shorter and whole thing nothing as good as last two seasons. The goose pimples never happened.

Oh well, would have accepted a win instead!!!

It's BACK

Thank you to whoever at the club understood why the Storer goal needed to be at the end of the montage.

Thanks to to The Naughty Vicar (Public School Boy) who showed himself to be an arse on this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here