Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stoke beating Bolton....

Sep 1, 2010
Not good, hence I posed the question on the official running thread about losing toenails! :eek:

It doesn't hurt so long as I'm not wearing any shoes. Which is a bit of an issue, as they tend to frown on flip flops in my line of work :rolleyes:

Ohhhhhh ouch. yeah Flip Flops not the best footwear! well i hope that gets better very soon then.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I hope Stoke win the final , the only club this season to give us a masterclass of how to win a game effortlessly.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ta, well I don't have to be back at work until tomorrow night, so hopefully a couple more days of walking around barefoot will take the pressure off the nail.

I've read suggestions online that you should put a hole through the nail to release the build up of stuff underneath it :eek: :sick: Suffice it to say I'm not nearly brave enough to do that!

Sep 1, 2010
Ta, well I don't have to be back at work until tomorrow night, so hopefully a couple more days of walking around barefoot will take the pressure off the nail.

I've read suggestions online that you should put a hole through the nail to release the build up of stuff underneath it :eek: :sick: Suffice it to say I'm not nearly brave enough to do that!

Yuk, well if it helps i had to have both of my big toe nails pulled out whilst awake....root 'N all. not a good sensation.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
...still early days though. 2-0, Etherington and Huth.

Lots of empty seats at Wembley, which rather illustrates the point that the semis shouldn't be played there. The irony being, the teams that actually reach the final receive considerably fewer tickets than they do for the semi, thanks to the FA needing to offer freebies out to all their corporate mates as well as the old gimmers at every county FA in the country.

You ommitted to add that every club registered with their county FA gets an allocation of 2 tickets every few years plus the opportunity to claim an entry into an annual draw for for allocation of tickets with the county fa structure. It must be emphasised that this is the FA Cup and as such is the pinacle of events for every person and club connected with the FA the early rounds of which start in August.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yuk, well if it helps i had to have both of my big toe nails pulled out whilst awake....root 'N all. not a good sensation.

I winced just thinking about it :lolol:

Was that while you were in Guantanamo Bay?

You ommitted to add that every club registered with their county FA gets an allocation of 2 tickets every few years plus the opportunity to claim an entry into an annual draw for for allocation of tickets with the county fa structure. It must be emphasised that this is the FA Cup and as such is the pinacle of events for every person and club connected with the FA the early rounds of which start in August.
Yep. I remember discussing this with fellow players when I played youth football in Birmingham. We agreed it was wrong then. It's still wrong. Tickets should go to supporters who care about the outcome of the game, not just having a good day out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yep. I remember discussing this with fellow players when I played youth football in Birmingham. We agreed it was wrong then. It's still wrong. Tickets should go to supporters who care about the outcome of the game, not just having a good day out.

I agree entirely, I went to the Forest v Spurs final in '91 courtesy of Cheshire FA. It was a nice day out for me, but ridiculous that regulars at both clubs missed out.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Like what ?

Well done to Stoke,however my point is (and you can't really argue against it) those in charge of English football have asked why do England fail at the 'top table' in football and we do. So they have put Sir Trevor in charge of 'the game' and as a parent like many here on NSC my kids do 'kids footy' triangles,cones etc you get the drift 'PASS & MOVE' football. However go to a Stoke City home game what do you see ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well done to Stoke,however my point is (and you can't really argue against it) those in charge of English football have asked why do England fail at the 'top table' in football and we do. So they have put Sir Trevor in charge of 'the game' and as a parent like many here on NSC my kids do 'kids footy' triangles,cones etc you get the drift 'PASS & MOVE' football. However go to a Stoke City home game what do you see ?

Thought Stoke played pretty good football actually. They just use two wingers and very effective they were too. None of their goals came from long hopeful balls pumped forward - that's what Bolton were doing. I thought Bolton's attendance was piss-poor too, lots of empty seats ... even before they started walking out.

Don't get the animosity towards Stoke on NSC. Decent club with a fantastic set of supporters and who comfortably maintain their Prem League status without spending tens of millions. They're a perfect role model for Brighton.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Don't get the animosity towards Stoke on NSC. Decent club with a fantastic set of supporters and who comfortably maintain their Prem League status without spending tens of millions. They're a perfect role model for Brighton.

Because the animosity is purely about their style of play. It's not football, it's anti-football. It's some sort of rugby/football hybrid. Where balls are hoofed up early, possession is gained and the chance to get a throw-in or a long ball to their huge centre-forwards.

As others have said (to you on NSC especially) it's ugly, it's not in the spirit of the beautiful game and it will only get you so far. Long ball teams do not thrive, they merely manage. All the top premiership teams play passing football. The Champion League is won by playing passing football, the World Cup is won by passing teams. Will you please get it into your head that it's what Stoke do on the pitch that gets everybody's backs up. If teams in League One can play passing football then it surely can't be beyond the wit of someone to be able to do it with a side like Stoke.

Southstandfaithful

Oct 22, 2010
H Heath
I was at the match today (free ticket) and it was an ugly game to watch. Stoke were obviously the better side but it was not an enjoyable game to watch for a neutral.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
because the animosity is purely about their style of play. It's not football, it's anti-football. It's some sort of rugby/football hybrid. Where balls are hoofed up early, possession is gained and the chance to get a throw-in or a long ball to their huge centre-forwards.

As others have said (to you on nsc especially) it's ugly, it's not in the spirit of the beautiful game and it will only get you so far. Long ball teams do not thrive, they merely manage. All the top premiership teams play passing football. The champion league is won by playing passing football, the world cup is won by passing teams. Will you please get it into your head that it's what stoke do on the pitch that gets everybody's backs up. If teams in league one can play passing football then it surely can't be beyond the wit of someone to be able to do it with a side like stoke.

spot on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tony Pulis did say when Stoke got promoted to trhe Premier that they would play a system that woyuld ensure their survival when that has been achieved and they are an established Premier side they will then try to play to entertain.

Just got back from this game (A mate of mine is in Club Wembley (Think equivlent of 1901 club) and could not not go) and as a neutral it was a bore.

5 goals - yippee, but simply no football contest. I hate Stokes direct game, and sat there for 2h comparing how Brighton are better. Actually there is no doubt that on our day we would thrash that Bolton team.

However, Stoke dealt with Bolton in a very similar style to how they dealt with us - even the 1st 3 goals were at very similar times in the match.

Highlight for me was 40,000 Stoke fans signing Delilah, them signing ' We will play how we want, we will play how we want, we are Stoke City and we will play how we want'. And then after 2 well taken goals from outsite the area, they also sang ' We only score from throw in's).

All very amusing.

Actually found it hard being a neutral. I went there wanting Stoke to Win, but by half time I was praying for a Bolton goal to make a contest of it. Most fun was looking down the the middle tier on the in fighting from Bolton with 10 minute to go.

One recent obsevation........ Food: Lincolnshire sausgage in half a baggette with country onions accompanieied with a tomotoe relish and Norfolk mustard = £9.00

I think I will take a Hot Dog thanks!!!!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hope Man City win the F.A Cup. I was speaking to City fans yesterday and they all come across very nice people. They were saying that after the game yesterday United fans were in a line outside waiting for them and throwing bottles and bricks. :nono:

City = Heroes
United = Scum

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Hope Man City win the F.A Cup. I was speaking to City fans yesterday and they all come across very nice people. They were saying that after the game yesterday United fans were in a line outside waiting for them and throwing bottles and bricks. :nono:

My coach home from Birmingham to Glasgow last night stopped at a service station and were refused entry, apparantly there was loads of trouble at Watford Gap services between Utd and City fans and all the service stations up to Manchester had shut because of this.

We were allowed in at Knutsford because the drivers had to take their tacho breaks, so the police phoned ahead and asked them to open for us, While i was in there a coach load of City also came in followed by a coach load of United, i was just heading out though so no idea if that passed off peacefully or not.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Tony Pulis did say when Stoke got promoted to trhe Premier that they would play a system that woyuld ensure their survival when that has been achieved and they are an established Premier side they will then try to play to entertain.

Tony Pulis is a liar, liar, pants are on fire. They are sort of an established Premiership side but Tony Pulis is stuck in a system that he has no idea how to get out of. He would need to change a large number of first team personnel, need to bring in a new training regime and start from the bottom again in building a side capable of doing that. Unfortunately, the Premiership are not going to give him a couple of seasons to get it right and neither will the Stoke board.

And, most importantly, Tony Pulis doesn't know how to create a passing side.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
No empty seats in the stoke end, bolton were a big disappointment thogh, could not sell their allocation. Stoke fans were amazing, never heard anything so loud before.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here